• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

you guys are making me jealous sad
    I have one more tag to fill before fishing begins

bearcat good luck up there!

Thanks bud. Good luck filling your tag.

Ben
    Central MN

Just going to bump this to see if anyone cares to share how they did. We caught fish pretty steady but never managed to find anywhere they were biting fast and furious. Caught all our fish between 10 and 14 feet, had a hard time getting the under 17″ fish. Went out Sunday morning to get the last 5, but managed to send everyone home with their limit. Overall it was a great first experience on URL, I’ll be back.

Charles

I launched out of JR’s and fished between the Rock Pile and the main group. The dead stick worked the best, it was a strange bite, they seam slow but when wanted the jig or dead stick they hit it hard.

Biggest I pulled 20″ give or take I had throw a couple over 17″ back but most of what I keep was 15″ers.

Attachments:
    1. Walleye.jpg

Brandon S

The best bite for our group was mid morning to mid afternoon in 10 ft on a point. We arrived at West Winds later in the afternoon on Friday, and bounced brought 3 different spots and didn’t catch a thing. We didn’t move shallower Saturday because it was windy, so we just hunkered down in the pop up. Three guys got our limit, and a lot of fish thrown back. Think we ended up with around 30 walleye. Not a bad outing.

thaddeus
    St. Cloud, MN

A group of 5 of us went through Rogers and the bite was pretty steady all day (12 FOW). Fast and furious times 9-10a (moon overhead) and 3:30-4:30p (moon set). Managed a 5 man limit each day – threw some overs back. #4 Rippin’ Rap + dead stick was the best approach for us – fish hit 50/50.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

We just got back home. The fishing was great. We crossed westwinds crack and fished about 4 miles up the north shore. Lots of fish. Biggest was a 24 and then 22.5. Average fishermen was 16 to 17. Saturdays wind was wicked. I blew a trailer tire out on the lake and wratchet strapped a shovel under the rim to use as a ski till we got back to shore. My group of 6 caught a little over 175 fish from Friday to Sunday morning. And Wednesday evening and Thursday morning were ok but not great

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

#4 Rippin’ Rap + dead stick was the best approach for us – fish hit 50/50.[/quote]

Same here. Fat heads on the dead sticks. 12 ft of water for us. We had 4 times on Saturday that all six of us had a fish on at the same time. It was pretty awesome.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.