Red

• nate6784

Will be up on Red this weekend with Portavilla. I have previously done well in early January, does anyone have any recommendations on how to play it later in the year? If anyone has a recent report that would be great as well.

Thanks

Crappy Fisherman

Fish the first break, they are moving back in. All you need is Fatheads, they are eating smaller minnows now. Glow red,white or blue at night and gold during the day. Rattle them in and they hit the dead stick. Keep quiet and at night use as little light as possible and don’t shine a light in the hole. Move till you find fish.

YoungGunz2
    Maple Grove MN

I just returned yesterday from porta villa. It is really slow up there right now, and it’s tough to find a good bite. The guy who runs the place told us that from 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm you shouldn’t leave your hole. (And he was right). The only thing that seemed to work is a size 8 plain hook and a small minnow on a bobber or dead stick and have it no more than 6 inches off of bottom. When he told us to use size 8 hooks I thought he was trying to make us get skunked, I couldn’t believe it! But we ended up having one house limit out. Lots of 11-14 inch walleye but here and there you will get and 18 or 19 incher. And if you have a flasher you will notice how finicky the walleye are but if you see a red bar storm off the bottom, it’s most likely one of the agressive perch. The key is to be extremely patient and make sure to have lines in over night, good luck and have fun!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.