Recon trolling motor

• Phillip Ames

Anyone using a Recon tm yet? What do you think? I really like what I am seeing on it. Pricing looks to be better than MK. I am having some issues with my HB/MK connections and I am rethinking some things. Curious to see what you think.

sunseteyes

It won’t be available until November is what I am hearing. I agree, looks very intriguing. I run Lowrance graphs, and have always had my eye on the Ghost. But the issues with the direction arrow and the horrible remote have kept me running my Ultrex. I love the Ultrex, but having the ability to network with my HDS units, have cable like steering on a wireless pedal, awesome looking remote, and no Ghost-like direction arrow will have me looking hard at the Recon. My only gripe I can see is the somewhat messy FFS mounting, which requires another exposed cable and mount attachment. If they end up revamping the Ghost to use the Recon remote and control head, I will be in line to buy that one.

hillhiker
    SE MN

I have a Ghost and I’ve been extremely impressed with it. The anchor feature is extremely accurate even when fighting wind and current, and batteries last forever. The arrow does move a little jerky, but it still always gets to where it needs to. In the end I could care less about the arrow. As far as I’m concerned the whole point of having a “cable” type pedal is you don’t have to look so you can concentrate on fishing.

As for the Recon it does look nice and I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another Lowrance trolling motor.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.