Rattle reels in Otter Cabin Flip Over??

• MIKE METCALF
    Beulah, ND

Is anyone running rattle reels in place of their dead sticks in their portable? I am looking for mounting ideas and to see if anyone is doing this. Can you buy some that clamp on to the poles or?? Thanks and pictures are appreciated!

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

that’s an interesting idea. would help to save space that’s for sure. I have some that clamp on like a chip bag clamp that I think would work fine by clamping one onto the top aluminum cross bar. Ill have to give that a try this year

deertracker

I have like 8 of the HT clamp on style with the plastic wheel for when I rent sleeper houses. I think the plastic wheel is a lot nicer than the wood wheel style.
    DT

zooks

My buddy uses a clamp on wood reel in his flip over and has for years. It’s really nice when he goes out hole hopping, can leave that line down in the shack while he’s out bouncing around. Lots of guys have a couple to do what DT does in rental sleepers, makes sure you’re not losing fish to bad gear.

MIKE METCALF
    Beulah, ND

Well, I ordered a couple of the ht clamp on rattle reels, yesterday. So we will see how it works.

Timmy

My deadstick is usually a rattle reel. I picked up a crappy little clamp on model yrs ago – and it turned out to be my favorite. The spool is only a little bigger around than a beer can and the clamp is small. It takes almost no space in my sportsman caddy and clamps on a fabric seam or pole. I like not having to watch a second line. I wish i could find another like it.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

could use one of the old rattle reel rods with the spike on the bottom.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.