Rare Sighting on Pool 2

• Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Saw a report of a strange truck at the 494 access. Thought about ducking out of work, launching the old Lund and running up and down the river until I could photo bomb James jester

I’ll behave myself. Hope you guys had a fun morning.

S.R.

Attachments:
    1. ido.jpg

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

There goes the neighborhood! jester

We’ll be down again this weekend.

Mos’

Curious how he did or what local took him out??

Sharon
    SE Metro

Cool! Right in my own backyard! I hope they found some success and can’t wait to see photos and videos!

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Knowing James, he put in at sun up. Won’t be off the water till dark. James knows P2. No local needed. Actually isn’t he already considered a local? Been living here in the cities for a long time now. whistling

-J.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Knowing James, he put in at sun up. Won’t be off the water till dark. James knows P2. No local needed. Actually isn’t he already considered a local? Been living here in the cities for a long time now. whistling

-J.

I wish we could have made it an all day deal but that wasn’t in the cards. I wanted to get out this morning for a few hours but needed some of Pat’s help to make it happen. I loaned my Skeeter 2200 to Dean to use in the MTT this weekend and my jet boat is getting a Just Encase built for it so I was boatless. Pat agreed to me using his Warrior….as long as he got to come along to supervise.

The walleye are transitioning from shoreline breaks to wingdams now that the levels are falling. Water clarity is….poor. Biggest walleye was 25″. Best bait was a DT10 in firetiger. Man do I love the way a nice walleye crushes a big crank that’s crawling on the front of a wongdam! We tried jigs and bait but never caught anything on that presentation. Not even rough fish. Hello? Juicy crawler, anyone?!

I’ve been in the metro now for over 15 years. I’m not sure what the cutoff is to be considered local but I figure I’ve got to be close. Do I get credit for time served or am I still “that guy from pool 4?”

No photos or video this time around but expect to see the jet all over Pool 2 and the Minnesota river this fall.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Was thinking about hitting 494 but the water clarity is so bad still.

I like the upper end when it’s warm like this. Water is clearer and you can chase smallies, too.

I do love throwing cranks at dams, though. Might be my favorite way to catch ‘em.

Tough decisions….

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

No photos or video this time around but expect to see the jet all over Pool 2 and the Minnesota river this fall.

That would be really cool to see some videos fishing on the Minnesota river!

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

“I’ve been in the metro now for over 15 years. I’m not sure what the cutoff is to be considered local but I figure I’ve got to be close. Do I get credit for time served or am I still “that guy from pool 4?”

My lovely wife has been living in South St. Paul since 1982. Which means she lives here but “she’s not from town”. LOL.

Glad to hear you caught some fish today. Hope the water drops and clears a little before fall.

S.R.

tangler
    Inactive

See you out there!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Im guessing you must of been using those crawlers wrong.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.