Rapala Shadow Shads

• Eyes-glow@Night

Has anyone had luck with these for walleye, I have a large population of Alewife in my lake here in pa. Thought they would be good casting at night in shallows or trolling on trip z divers, Thanks.

sktrwx2200

I have caught alot of walleyes on the shadow raps.. original and shad models.. I cast them in shallow. Pause and twitch.. cadence depends on time or year or conditions. Good lure for walleyes… PIKE love them too smash

Trolling…. there are better baits for trolling. The shadow rap is ment to be cast, and balanced to be paused neutral or slow rise. The action when these are worked like a jerk bait is awesome… but the trolling (swimming) action isnt anything special. There are better choices for trolling.

Its really a finesse bait, so it comes with light hooks so maximum action and as little weight for keeping things neutral, personally when Im trolling I like heavier hooks.

Will it catch fish.. sure.. but I think there are better lure to be trolling around shallow.

ski junkie
    Grantsburg, Wisc

Shadow raps and shads are jerk baits

Eyes-glow@Night

Thanks man, yea I thought the same thing, I just bought good selection of colors to match the Shad and Alewife.I will cast them mostly at night.I have had luck with Husky Jerks trolling.I use mostly Rapala lures.

Eyes-glow@Night

I know Shadow Raps are jerk baits, I was thinking outside the box, and yes I have caught walleye trolling so called jerk-baits, i guess if someone calls it a jerk bait It will not catch a walleye? I bet a lot of guys would be surprised to know they dint know how to fish. Lol

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.