Range finder

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Looking at picking up a new range finder. Hoping to find one that’s readable in low light conditions. The one I have now is hard to read when I’m in the woods. Also want it to have the tree stand mode so it shows the degrees and yardage from the angles. This is strictly used for bow hunting so I don’t have a need for 1500 yards or nothing.
    Seeing what others use or are liking.

Norsky

Vortex crossfire, quality product, great price and warranty

dbright
    Cambridge

Find one with a red readout. They are much easier to see in lowlight.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Vortex crossfire, quality product, great price and warranty

Are they easily readable in low light conditions?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Have a product in mind ?.
    The ones I bought which I don’t remember off hand what they are, say easy read out in low light. But that’s not the case.

Stanley

My leupold has a red display that’s easy to read and great glass quality. Their fulldraw 5 is made for bow hunting with the features you’re looking for.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

I am pretty sure i have the vortex impact 1000. Been using it for 4 seasons and have no had any issues with it. Does have the compensation for being in a stand as well.

wkw

Yep. Vortex 1000. Easy to read.

dbright
    Cambridge

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>dbright wrote:</div>

Have a product in mind ?.
    The ones I bought which I don’t remember off hand what they are, say easy read out in low light. But that’s not the case.

I will have check in the morning after work and let you know. I won’t own another without the red readout.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

I’ve been very happy with my Sig.

dbright
    Cambridge

Vortex ranger is what I am using for most of my hunting. Make sure the range is much further then you expect to need. I have had 2 different range finders before my vortex that were sold for bow hunting that struggle with ranging objects in the woods at 40-50 yards. They both claimed to be good for a 100+. The angles we shoot and distances we shoot in mn have a very small difference in yardage. The two bow rf I had would account for angles my vortex has always read within a yard or two. That includes going to alot of different 3d shoots. The only places I saw a larger difference was shooting at powder ridge and bowfest with the steep up hill and down hill shots that were normally long shot.

Michael Best

I can second the Vortex 1000. You won’t be disappointed.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I can second the Vortex 1000. You won’t be disappointed.

Thanks guys I appreciate the input.
    The vortex 1000 looks to have black letter read out, not red. Is it hard to read in low light in the woods.

Michael Best

Here is a pick of mine. It is the Ranger 1000.
    The read out is in red.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_4224-scaled.jpeg

Michael Best

Here is a picture looking through my range finder.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_4226.png

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Leupold RX-1400i TBR/W Gen2 Laser Rangefinder. This one is on sale at scheels. Any one use this ?
    The ranger seems to be a tough find.

Matthew Craig

Leupold RX-1400i TBR/W Gen2 Laser Rangefinder. This one is on sale at scheels. Any one use this ?
    The ranger seems to be a tough find.

I have one and love it. My buddy bought one and he loves it. I couldn’t bring myself to buy a Full Draw but this one does everything I need it to. When it’s in Bow Mode I don’t believe it shows the angle, but it does all those calculations for you automatically. My buddy and I usually go to Bowfest every year (3-100 yard shots at all angles, most over 60 yds) and I didn’t lose any arrows.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.