Rainy river

• gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

All in the boat will also need a RABC permit. Remote Area Border Crossing (RABC). Same requirements as crossing the border. Have a DWI and you won’t get one.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

I believe there is a small length discrepancy between the Ontario limit and MN because of the cm-in conversion. I know for sure that your fish must be legal for the side of the border that you are currently on. One does NOT supersede the other, ever.

My suggestion is to use only artificial bait and catch and release only on the CA side. That way bait rules and length limits will never apply. Fish the MN side for your keepers.

So it does not make much sense to purchase an Ontario license to cover your butt if you unintentionally happen to drift on the Canadian side.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Got my Ontario outdoors card taken care of today. Still need to get the Ontario fishing license. RABC paper work was sent in a few weeks back. Looking forward to this trip again. Plans are to fish the last week of walleye season.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

So it does not make much sense to purchase an Ontario license to cover your butt if you unintentionally happen to drift on the Canadian side.

If you have no desire to fish the ca side there’s no reason to get it. I had one close call where I was fishing the ca side intentionally and the Canadian wardens pulled up, but I got across the river before they could get to me. It’s pretty easy to stay on the mn side.

To be clear, you can legally navigate across the line but you cannot anchor or fish.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.