Radio Mounting

• Coldfront

Hi Skeeter Nation
    Now Yamaha has decided not to had a AM/FM radio option available how many have had a radio installed. Where did you install it and also what antenna did you use? Pic’s please.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I have a tiller you likely don’t. Assuming a console you can look at in the glove compartment or if you have the shelf underneath that might also work. They have radios that run via a remote control also. That you could mount in a storage compartment I suppose.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_5578.jpg

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

If I ever install another radio in a boat or fish house it will be one of the round units, they take much less space with only 3″-3.5″ dis.and only 2.5-3″ depth and have USB ports and blue tooth.
    CD’s are becoming a thing of the past and there is no reason to have one of the large 2″x6″x6″ radios any longer IMHO. I think getting something like the link I will post will be the best option for you and it installs with a hole saw or jig saw into any panel easily. Just make sure you get a water rated one.
    http://www.amazon.com/Lanzar-AQR82S-Waterproof-Bluetooth-Receiver/dp/B013ALB4VO/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1459865105&sr=8-16&keywords=round+marine+radio

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

This is a common option that has worked well for must have radio guys.

Attachments:
    1. 20160405_104356.jpg

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Now Yamaha has decided not to had a AM/FM radio option available how many have had a radio installed. Where did you install it and also what antenna did you use?

I’m curious about the wish for an AM/FM radio compared to the hidden Bluetooth receiver system that they switched to. With phone apps like Pandora/IHeartRadio/MLBatBat I’ve got good music, talk, and sports options, and anywhere I can get a decent radio signal I can get good data and run it through the boat speakers.

Your boat, your choices, so I’m not being critical, just wondering if there is an advantage to the classic AM/FM radio that I’m overlooking?

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Your boat, your choices, so I’m not being critical, just wondering if there is an advantage to the classic AM/FM radio that I’m overlooking?

You can’t listen to an NFL game over any free streaming apps. Not sure about other pro sports as I haven’t tried, but that would be one reason to have a radio.

hunterjoe
    Twin Cities

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Michael C. Winther wrote:</div>

You can’t listen to an NFL game over any free streaming apps. Not sure about other pro sports as I haven’t tried, but that would be one reason to have a radio.

I thought you could with the NFL Mobile app. I was streaming video on it this fall/winter so I assume you can stream radio too. Maybe I’m wrong as I never tried, but I would think if you can do video you can do radio as well.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

If you’re a Lowrance guy you can get a SonicHub and use your HDS as
    your tuner.

SonicHub

JoeMX1825
    MN

The Jensen system Dean showed works great! There’s even a version that has bluetooth.. I just purchased a small USB stick for $5 that connects under the dash and has thousands of mp3’s on it for when reception isn’t optimal…

I too like the ability to get local radio stations quickly while out on the water…

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I’m using blue tooth 90% of the time and have more than several albums on my phone for data free listening

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

I installed a JBL radio the style Dean has pictured. Its a great radio and has Bluetooth. I have a Lowrance Sirius/Weather module so the Aux inputs are needed and nice not having to control the volume all the time from the graph. We have installed them in the 1910, 2060 and 2190. If I remember correctly it wouldn’t fit on a MX1825 so we put it on the side on the boat near throttle but out of the way.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.