Quick strike rig and leader storage.

• Joe Thody
    Auburn, NE

I have 8 tip ups that I use for both walleye and pike.

On the main line I have a swivel clip tied so I can switch out rigs easily. This also makes storage easier, and less of a hassle removing the tip ups from the bag.

I’m looking for ideas for a way to store about 10 quick strike rigs, and 10 flouro leaders with a single treble.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Plano box with foam in it is how I do mine

Ryan Speers
    Waconia, MN

I’m with Randy, I store all of my rigs on sections of pool noodle inside a plano box.

mr-special
    MPLS

i just cut a few chunks of swim noodle about a foot. cut little slices on one end to hold splice end, then feed the hook end through the center and embed the hook about 1/2″ from the opening. depending on hook size you can fit multi rigs.

i use swim noodles for other leaders such as my lindy rigs as well.

my kids are probably wondering what happened to all their swim noodles lol

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

i use swim noodles for other leaders such as my lindy rigs as well.

my kids are probably wondering what happened to all their swim noodles lol

FYI – Don’t leave them on the deck of your boat at wide open throttle. Kids may think they need to dive and and save them….. whistling

692fisherman
    champlin mn

I use the round lindy rig holder….. most of them hold darn near a dozen walleye/pike rigs and there cheap

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Mine usually end up on my gloves, coat and bibs.

404 ERROR
    MN

I also use a Lindy Rig holder. Works good.

Brandon Sibert
    Tomah, WI

I keep my quick-strike rigs and pre-tied leaders on my lindy rig holder, and my lindy rig holder in a plano box specifically set up for my tip-up rigs. I keep 1/4 oz and 1/8 oz egg sinkers, barrel swivels, snap swivels, different assorted trebles (VMC glow trebles, anodized red trebles, etc) in there as well. It all stays right in my Otter Sportsman’s Caddy, so it’s always accessible.

Bill Sackenreuter
    Devils Lake ND

I like to use the tackle buddy snell holders for this, and you can also pop off the end cap and store wieghts, snaps, ect., inside the tube.They also fit in 3700 style boxes.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.