Question on Norsk Lithium Discharge

• Plughat

I have a question regarding my 9 month old Norsk 15 amp battery. It had light use last winter and spring and was charged each use and put away fully charged. Planned to use it on my Vexilar last month and it was fully discharged (did accept a full charge) . Was a stand alone during the summer in my basement without being connected. I’ve had many lead acid batteries stored this way with no issues, just a slight discharge during storage as well as several other lithium batteries the likes of Milwaukee and Strikemaster without discharge. Norsk said this was “normal”—-does it sound normal to you? Has anyone else had this issue with these batteries?? Thanks…..

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I bought a new Vexilar lithium battery last year, charged it and was dean when I went to use it, would not charge. They warranty it but seen lithium batteries at work also go dead. Will it take a charge? if not have them warranty it.

Plughat

Yes, it did take a full charge. My question is how “normal” is it to discharge full in such a short time frame?

Bassn Dan

I don’t go by the on battery status indicator on my Norsk 15 amp to judge if it is at full charge. I leave it on the charger until the charger light turns green. Maybe let the battery sit for a week and check the voltage or hook it up to the charger to see how long it charges. Call Norsk again if it dropped more than you think it should.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Plughat

I don’t go by the on battery status indicator on my Norsk 15 amp to judge if it is at full charge. I leave it on the charger until the charger light turns green. Maybe let the battery sit for a week and check the voltage or hook it up to the charger to see how long it charges. Call Norsk again if it dropped more than you think it should.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Thanks, Dan. When I finished charging it had all four status lights on. With use on my Vexilar, it never even went lower than all four lights showing full charge. Had no lights after sitting this summer. I’ll keep an eye on it over the next month or so to see if it drains much. Just find it very odd that it would discharge while on the self for such a short time.

3Rivers

I can’t speak for Norsk, but some batteries will actively discharge if not used for an extended period of time. Storing with a full charge is not recommended. Some batteries will run themselves down to 50%.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

I have a 15ah I use during the winter. I believe Norsk recommends charging every 2-3 months to keep it at ~50% for longer term storage.

I’ve noticed mine drops to about 50% after about 3 months, so I just recharge and ignore it for 2-3 months.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.