Question on Cultivating Cannabis

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’ll be retiring in a bit and looking for a side gig when I do. I have 10 acres of which 5 is tillable with a creek running thru.
    How much money do you think you can make growing this stuff?
    I know a couple guy’s that really now how to grow so I’m good there.
    I’m thinking of having my daughter apply for the license to give me a better shot at it.
    BTW – I haven’t smoked it since the 70’s so my profits will not go up in smoke.

B-man

I’m sure there’s money to be made, a quick search came up with this.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20241027-154021.png

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

rotflol

BTW – I haven’t smoked it since the 70’s so my profits will not go up in smoke

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

You would have to sell it to a dispensary of some sort. I’d imagine none of these guys are hip in to that and that’s more business / state kind of questions. On the street a plant can range from a few grams to 700 grams depending on the growing period and place. That changes prices from a 100 bucks to a few grand, and that’s non dispensary your local guy at the bar.

dirtywater

More and more this is a big business without much room for little guys. Private equity is running the game pretty much.

It wouldn’t really matter how much of your land is tillable, the growing season in the Midwest would be too short to be competitive. You would probably need to make a large investment in an indoor grow operation.

I’d rather spend my retirement smoking it than growing it but that’s just me.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I’d rather spend my retirement smoking it than growing it but that’s just me.
    [/quote] that explains some of your posts!!!!!!!!!!! whistling devil devil rotflol rotflol especially in the football threads!!!! jester jester mrgreen

just rassin ya bud…….not the type to let a shot like that get away!!!! whistling mrgreen mrgreen woot

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I’ll be retiring in a bit and looking for a side gig when I do. I have 10 acres of which 5 is tillable with a creek running thru.
    How much money do you think you can make growing this stuff?
    I know a couple guy’s that really now how to grow so I’m good there.
    I’m thinking of having my daughter apply for the license to give me a better shot at it.
    BTW – I haven’t smoked it since the 70’s so my profits will not go up in smoke.

waytogo congrats on the upcoming retirement!!!! yay
    I strongly recommend it!!! peace

however i have no expertise in your future endeavor!!!!! peace

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.