Question for Summit HD Shuttle owners…charging?

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Do you have to keep your Shuttle powered on in order to charge your battery? I have an Amped 32ah battery and charger and I need to have the Master Power button pressed on in order for the battery to charge (If its not on, the Amped charger light stays green, once I press it on, the Amped charger light goes red and it charges…I should add, IF I don’t have the Shuttle Master Power button on, the button light ring still turns on when I plug in the charger cord…

I asked Amped and they said it doesn’t need to be on….I’m 99% sure I followed their wiring instructions correctly as everything else works fine…I’m no electrician, but having a Master on/off button kind of implies everything on the shuttle either gets power to it or it doesn’t right?

Andrew Gilberg

I have a Norsk battery and charger for mine, but no, I don’t need to have the shuttle powered on for it to charge.

The button light ring does not turn on when the charger gets plugged in either.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

I asked Amped and they said it doesn’t need to be on….I’m 99% sure I followed their wiring instructions correctly as everything else works fine…I’m no electrician, but having a Master on/off button kind of implies everything on the shuttle either gets power to it or it doesn’t right?

Watch the video again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mate1JP1GuY&t=18s

The first thing shown is the charger connection. This connection goes from the battery directly to the charging port. It does NOT go thru the master switch.

JoeMX1825
    MN

yeah, it was a simple mistake on my part, problem solved! It looks like they updated their instructional videos since the last time I installed everything, the new videos are MUCH better…

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Everybody has their stories of good and bad service, but I think amped outdoors is probably right at the top of my list. Matt’s easy to talk to.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.