Quality store brand tools

• Stanley

Thanks Matt for the offer. We looked and some tools yesterday and I think he is going to get the dewalt set linked here. Looks to be a nice starter set for a good price and all in one case.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I will probably stay away from craftsman now because I have yet to find a store to warranty their stuff since sears closed. Even stores that sell it like FF won’t warranty it. I have some old craftsman stuff and it’s great just not what it used to be when it comes to warranty ease.

I have heard good things about the icon line at harbor freight and he asked if we could go look at it this weekend since the have a sale going on.

Hey Stanley,
    Lowes will warranty Craftsman. They also bought the Klein contract from Home Depot and those are all covered by the lifetime replacement. FF carries both but they are real babies about tool replacement. I tried to explain it to 3 managers and they all had a stupid look on their face like I was talking nonsense. Eventually I walked out and went to Lowes. Lowes will not even ask questions, just replace. At least that is for Klein and I assume it would be the same for Craftsman.

Stanley

I went to ace hardware by me on Big G’s recommendation and they warranted my craftsman stuff no problem. They didn’t have one item in stock but ordered for me. Great service from them.

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

FF has a craftsman tool set on sale for $139.99 this week…

27eyeguy

We got our son the Dewalt set linked here, very nice set. I’ve even got to use it a couple times, would definitely buy this for myself.

Stanley

The dewalt set showed up yesterday and it is quite impressive. Heavy but all in one nice plastic case. He will need to add to it in some areas if he gets more itto working on his own things but definitely will get him started.

isu22andy

Make sure you open it the correct way … don’t ask me how I know how . I usually throw it in any fishing trip . Came in handy once .

mrpike1973

I used to turn the wrench for years. At my current job for 15th anniversary got the Dewalt set as a gift except for not having a 13mm wrench it’s my favorite set beats any Craftsman. Couldn’t stand Craftsman ratchets always used S and K cant find them any more. You’ll love the set.

robby
    Quad Cities

I have a lot of the Lowe’s brand tools. I believe the brand is Cobalt, not for sure. Been great for me for 20 + years.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.