Pulling a tube

• beardly
    Hastings, Mn

My buddy has the tube and rope. I need the harness deal that hooks to the boat. I have a pretty wide beam Alumacraft with a kicker.

Any suggestions on type and length of harness? Looks like there is rope or cable, self centering etc…. what’s better?

bigcrappie
    Blaine

This

Attachments:
    1. ski-rope.jpg

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Depends on how much tubing you plan to do and how much you want to spend. The few times I pull a tub with mine I just rig something out of Rope I have around. a large snap on each end with a snap in the middle to hook the tow rope to will work fine. If you want to get fancy you can add a buoy near the center snap to float that area like in the store bought ones.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Depends on how much tubing you plan to do and how much you want to spend. The few times I pull a tub with mine I just rig something out of Rope I have around. a large snap on each end with a snap in the middle to hook the tow rope to will work fine. If you want to get fancy you can add a buoy near the center snap to float that area like in the store bought ones. Something that looks about like this

Attachments:
    1. Tube-Harness.jpg

Brittman

Back when we pulled tubes we had the cable with the moving wheel. It worked really well.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

The airhead one pictured above is a pretty durable setup that is cheap and works well.

The cable ones work until that rubber coating wears even slightly in one spot, and then the pulley will hang up there and the issue compounds quickly.

beardly
    Hastings, Mn

Thanks everyone. Any suggestions on length? Looks like they go by beam width but not sure how the kicker plays into it.. just go with the longest maybe?

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I would just mock it up with rope and see how long it needs to be to avoid interference with your kicker.

robby
    Quad Cities

I would suggest adding one of those large floating balls to the rope system. This keeps the rope out of the water and keeps water spray from blinding those riding on the tube. Keeping the tow rope up and out of the water really makes the entire experience better. The bungee type ropes are a blast too f.y.i..

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I have a Skeeter 2060 and bought the yellow harness pictured above. It tangles with my kicker so is worthless for my setup. I’m open to other suggestions.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.