Protecting your boat when Towing?

• Bones74

As far as protecting the front of he boat I have a “ROCK GAURD”. Works great and easy to take on and off if need be. Waconda boats in Republican City Nebraska keeps them in stock and will ship them I’m sure

reddog

2012 Skeeter WX1850. Always towed with cover on. I literally only fish in the winter. My first trip was a 3 1/3 hr drive at 15 degrees f. 75 mph down the interstate. When I arrived at the cabin and untarped my boat, I about wanted to puke.. The gel coat on the upper sides looked like someone had sanded it with 1500 grit. White residue and a dulling of the gel coat. The inner surface of the cover, under those temps was brittle/hard enough that the flexing of the tarp chafed the gel. Nothing serious, but definitely heartbreaking on a new boat. I brought the cover to an upholstery shop and had them sew a soft liner. Problem solved

Skeeter/Yamaha shipped my boat with a wedge, and recommended its use, thats good enough for me.

I built a boat bra that hangs on the trailer myself. Had the same upholstery shop put the screens on it. I like the boat bra because if you tow with several different vehicles, the protection stays with the boat. I wouldve needed 3 different rock brushes between the ride heights of my tow vehicles. F150, F250, and Yukon Denali XL.

boat bra

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.