Propane refill Onalaska WI

• John Luebker

I know there use to be a few guys in this area. I am going to get an 11# tank for this year. I know of only one place in town that fills them and when I called this weekend they didn’t have anyone working that could. So I need to ask where do you guys get them filled.

I found some old posts but most are not in my area

Thanks in advanced.

Randy Rowell
    Rockland Wi

Ace hardware in West Salem fills propane tanks.

John Luebker

Thanks! I checked the one in Holmen but didn’t think about the west Salem one!

Summerontheriver
    Minnesota & Alaska

Hokah Co-op fills my 11 pound tank, great people to deal with and not far from some good early ice. ;)

Lee

U Haul on La Crosse North side has filled my 5#, and 20’s. They won’t do expired tanks. Hokah Co-op.

Summerontheriver
    Minnesota & Alaska

My experience with UHaul was the same, bought a brand new tank at Menards, and went to uhaul and they said I had to get it certified, not sure how to do that though. I want to get one of the small 5 lb tanks.

John Luebker

I will check the uhaul place out tomorrow. Buying the tank from menards tonight and I drive past there on my way home from work

Lee

New tanks need to be ‘purged’. They may charge you for that on your initial fill up

Timmy

I got tired of having 5/10/20lb tanks that were 1/2 full and having to pay full rate to get them topped off for a weekend trip, so I made a setup to fill them myself. An inverted 100lb tank, a hose, and an adaptor for filling 1 lb tanks. Hook em up and open valves – liquid flows downhill……. Fill my 100lb and keep topping off the others as needed all season.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.