Pretty wet on Mille Lacs

• Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

Had 2-3 inches of water puddling on Mille Lac. Heard someone down by Isle tried to cross a pressure ridge and truck was partially submerged. Agate Bay is closing it’s access tomorrow because folks are needing to drive through to much water. Hoping for some really cold weather – soon.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Truck broke through in Cove Bay, renegading on his own and whoops…now how did that happen??
    Jim Staricha is the recovery pro out there, number 6 this year! coffee

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Agate Bay is closing it’s access tomorrow because folks are needing to drive through to much water. Hoping for some really cold weather – soon.

Interesting. I just came off the ice there at noon and didn’t see any issues whatsoever. There was water on the ice but only an inch or two.

munchy
    NULL

There was a good 6″ of water in a couple areas out on Rocky Reef. I just came off at noon there and it was spooky to say the least. It’s gonna be a rutted mess when this stuff finally freezes.

Here’s the picture of the truck in Cove.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2191.jpg

MNdrifter

Yikes! Not a very good feeling seeing that sitting 4 miles out of Brandt’s. Gonna head for shore in the morning. A buddy left at noon. I asked him how everything was when he got to shore he said fine.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

Rocky Reef wasn’t too bad of a drive. 1-3″ of standing water and minimal rutting. Any vehicle that’s suitable for driving on a Minnesota lake should be able to handle that with ease.

My boots were another matter, however.

munchy
    NULL

Rocky Reef wasn’t too bad of a drive. 1-3″ of standing water and minimal rutting. Any vehicle that’s suitable for driving on a Minnesota lake should be able to handle that with ease.

My boots were another matter, however.

The rutting I was talking about is off the main roads and around many fish houses. The slush is going to freeze solid and gonna suck to drive on. That is unless we get a big insulating snowfall….

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

Here is the email I received this afternoon:
    As everyone knows, we’ve been having extremely warm weather. There is a lot of water on the ice and almost all of the snow has melted. In addition, the lake access is soft with a lot of standing water. We have 3 bridges on the access and people still are driving through too much water.

At 4:00pm on Monday, January 23, 2017, we will be temporarily closing our access until Friday morning after we have put the bridges back in place if need be. Everyone will need to leave the lake by 4:00pm because we will be removing all the bridges to allow the access to refreeze.

We hope you understand and apologize for any inconvenience.

Dean and Renee

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

Munchy, I saw that around a couple of houses that left in the morning.

Buzz, what resort is this from?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Hunters was pretty wet also didn’t sound like they were planning on a shut down. Made it out to the flats yesterday afternoon (2 to 6:30) popped 3 little guys and 2 tulibee.
    Marked fished the entire time, could pull them 6 ‘ off the bottom but then they would sink back down.

404 ERROR
    MN

Discouraging, planning a weekend trip with the wheelhouse this weekend. Hope someone stays open for truck and wheelhouse traffic! Leaving Friday around 2pm…

crosb121

Fishing was slow. Mobile the entire day and managed to get 11 between two of us. We marked a ton of fish in each spot, but noticed they were white fish. Anything that would charge our baits off the bottom more than 3 feet was almost always a tullibee.

Sam
    St.Francis

Hopefully this weekend freezes it back up I’m hoping to get out for some tullibees

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.