Snow Camo – for my weapon

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Can anyone recommend a removable product to camo my rifle for winter hunting? I’ve looked a couple different option. One being this wrap from McNett. What I don’t care for his the need to remove the wrap and dry after each use.

I obviously don’t want a sticky residue left behind after removing the product.

What are you guys using?

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

The wrap I use is called Camo Form from McNet com It’s a self-cling camoflauge wrap. Doesn’t leave a residue at all. I also use a little white tape with it at the beginning and at the end of wrapping the gun. My rifle’s all wrapped and ready for wolf hunting this wkend.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

After some research, I’m considering a hydro graphic. A more permanent solution, but something I’m kicking around. This weekend the gun will simply have to be black. Look out wolves of Minnesota.

killerhiller
    Hastings, MN

I just go to Tractor Supply and get the white horse wrap stuff. whatever its called?!?! Vet Wrap Maybe? Cheap works good

deertracker

The guys I deer hunt with do the camo for polaris atvs. They could also do a gun stock but not the barrel I believe. It would have to be baked at a certain temp.
    DT

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

I used the stuff fleet farm has. Not sure of the brand but its self cling. Can take it off when ever.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Use the white wool from your velcro gloves…….

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Another cheap self-clinging material you could use would be pre-wrap! Kids (girls) use this stuff in their hair for sporting events and they make them in many designer styles now. One is zebra, which would work well and not leave any residue. And cheap.

ET

johnee

Vet wrap seems to be by far the most commom temporary solution.

I’ve seen guys post that they unrolled vet wrap and spray painted portions of it with gray, brown, tan, etc to produce a mottled appearance when the gun is actually wrapped.

Overall, I’d think that anything that breaks up the gun’s outline so it’s not one solid color would be fine. If they’re getting close enough to read the caliber stamped into the side of the barrel, you’re waiting too long to shoot.

Grouse

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.