Coyotes

• tobusytohunt
    ssp, mn

Question for you season vets. Never hunted them, but I seen a few out pheasent hunting this year. The ones I seen have been standing out in the open field in daylight hours. When is the best time to hunt them. Day? Night?

jeff_hansen

Over the past couple of years I’ve had success calling them in at night. Last year I did manage to call in 7 or 8 coyotes during the daytime, which kind of surprised me. I’ve talked to more people that are starting to see coyote activity during daylight hours around here, not sure if there are just more coyotes or they are getting to be braver?

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

I’ve had the best luck at first light in the morning. I start calling when I can first see my crosshairs. I have friends that hunt at night during full moons and do really well. Select your call location with the wind in your face and open field down wind. They”re very sly and if things don’t seem just right to them they’ll try to get your scent. Aproach your calling sight stealthy in the dark. They seem to just appear out of nowhere so be ready!

abster71
    crawford county WI

I used to hunt mornings and evenings all the time but could usually only get a couple sets in and spent more time getting ready. So now I just limit myself to when the moon is out. helps keep the peace at home, since I’m told I hunt too much. Plus I have to ice fish!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.