Gray Fox

• johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

First off it was shot LAST year(obviousley bc the season hasn’t opened yet). Just wanted to share my first gray fox harvest at the end of october. I was using a bow and he came right in at dark. I was surprised to see a gray bc I was targeting the pair of reds that lived near by. It only went about 50 yards but ran right into a huge thick patch of buckthorn and circled backed around before expiring. Gotta give some thanks to the old man w out his help I wouldn’t of found him. What a trooper he just got out of the hospital w his second rotator cuff surgery on the same shoulder and was out their no questions asked. There such an awesome looking animal up close I had no idea the amount of color and detail.
    Justin

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Looks great Justin Tell pops

bobg3723
    Crystal, MN

Looks Great. I hope to someday have a mount like that.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Nice

coppertop
    Central MN

Just got my first trailcam pic of one last week. Very beautiful animals!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Nicely done and thanks for sharing with us!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Great looking grey fox and mount Justin! Extra cool that you got it with a bow! Thanks for sharing!

lick

good shot to hit that little sucker

pretty mount

jeff_hansen

those grays have to be one of my favorite critters… I called one in after dark 3 years ago to about 50 yds and missed. I was trying to run the call, light, and gun and it didn’t work out so well. Hopefully, I’ll cross paths with another down the road and connect. I just want one to get tanned to add to the collection. Great looking mount

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Way cool. My brother did the same thing. They look exotic like something from Africa!

webstj
    Mazeppa, MN

Wow, that is cool looking. That must be what these little apple thieves are… I asked if they were and everyone told me they havent seen any grey fox near Bemidji. Well, I have 3 of them coming in every night still looking for apples. They are wearing out the batteries on my trail cam..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.