coyote project

• smaders06

hey everybody. Me and a buddy from school have to do a science fair project for school so we decided why not do it on something we both love and still get to hunt while doing it.
    OUr reserch question is “What Time OF Day Are Coyotes Most Active sunrise sunset or after dark” so far we have had the best luck during the after dark time slot. Any sugestion would be AWESOME also if you guys have any coyote pictures on trail cameras if you could send them to me that would be awesome because then i could use the time that is says on the photo print it off and use that in my study…….;..what is your guys favorite time to hunt them???

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Well, a lot of variables come into play on this. The 2 biggest factors are the time of year and the outside temperature.

Without going into too many details and making this a long post, coyotes are typically a nocturnal predator. Coyotes typically are more active from right before sunset to just after daylight.

But, in the winter months and the months leading up to the breeding season and depending on how cold it is, they can be active all day long.

smaders06

thanks Wats yeah that is what i was kind of thinking….but thanks that will help alot

dodge_boy
    Minocqua, Wi

I have shot way more yotes just as the sun is breaking in the morning than in the evening. I really don’t know why that is but anytime ya knock one down is a good thing.

jeff korsmo
    Cresco, Ia

Quote:

I have shot way more yotes just as the sun is breaking in the morning than in the evening. I really don’t know why that is but anytime ya knock one down is a good thing.

I think its because you can drink some beers for the rest of the day while skinning them out
    j/k, I’m with ya on the morning kills though, don’t know what it is about them, but it sure makes the rest of the day a good one.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.