coyote gun

• herefishyfishy
    MN

No way would I just shoot em to shoot em. I would like to tan and keep. I have never done this and would like to partake if I can do it with the firearms I have but if not I may have to stick to ice fishin and squirrels. Thanks for your input AmWatson. If there is anything you could tell me to help me get started on the experience I would appreciate it. What calls to use and such. thanks again

walleyehunter
    Melrose, WI

I am shooting a 22-250. By the way AmWatson, Thanks, I love that gun. I really like the accuracy and the distance it can shoot. I frequent South Dakota where 400 yard shots are more common than 100 yarders. The 250 will really reach out there.

tbird171
    Winona, MN

.243 as I’m not saving the hide…just get’r done!

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

I am really suprised no one has mentioned the .25-06. It is a great all around caliber if you want to stop a coyote in it’s tracks at long range, or drop a deer or antelope at equally long range.
    More punch than a .243, nearly as flat shooting as a .22-250, and less “collateral damage” than a .270 or larger caliber. I shoot 75 grain PEP’s at around 3600 fps for ‘yotes and can rnage up to 120 grain for larger game should I choose to do so. Not many other cartridges have the versatility of the .25-06. It is by no means the perfect all around gun, but when forced with the decision on just one caliber of center fire, I did a tremendous amount of research and came up with my decision.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.