Coon calling anyone?

• amwatson
    Holmen,WI

The start of the coon season is officially here for my area
    I am considering going out tonight if the winds die down and I can get my buddies hand held spotlight. I already have the caller charged up, just need the light and I am good to go.
    With the last few days being unseasonably cold and the next few days being pretty nice, I am guessing the coon will move pretty good tonight. Calling the bandits is almost as much fun as calling coyotes

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Good Luck Mike let us know how you do

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Good Luck Mike let us know how you do

dkremer99
    Central City, IA

Hey Mike You dont have to use dogs in WI?

dkremer99
    Central City, IA

Hey Mike You dont have to use dogs in WI?

Arzie
    East Bethel, Minnesota

What call do you use for Coons and what do you do with them when you get one! We have a lot of them around here and it sounds like it could be fun!

Arzie
    East Bethel, Minnesota

What call do you use for Coons and what do you do with them when you get one! We have a lot of them around here and it sounds like it could be fun!

eyebuster
    Duluth

Did you get out last night? Any report, you got me interested!

eyebuster
    Duluth

Did you get out last night? Any report, you got me interested!

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

No, I didn’t make it out. The wind never did lay down.
    I use an electronic tape caller and coon in distress tapes. Basically, we just go out in the woods or around the water if you have any, put the caller a little ways away from you and hit play. Then sit back and listen for the coons to come to the call. In most cases for me, the coons would climb in a nearby tree to investigate and that is where we normally shoot them. They can and will come and attack the caller so don’t put the caller right next to you I plan on getting out sometime this week for a few hours to see if they will respond yet.
    I take the hides and sell to a local fur buyer (Wiebke Fur)

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

No, I didn’t make it out. The wind never did lay down.
    I use an electronic tape caller and coon in distress tapes. Basically, we just go out in the woods or around the water if you have any, put the caller a little ways away from you and hit play. Then sit back and listen for the coons to come to the call. In most cases for me, the coons would climb in a nearby tree to investigate and that is where we normally shoot them. They can and will come and attack the caller so don’t put the caller right next to you I plan on getting out sometime this week for a few hours to see if they will respond yet.
    I take the hides and sell to a local fur buyer (Wiebke Fur)

eyebuster
    Duluth

Out Bow hunting My buddy’s Dad told us that something was tearing up his apple tree so we went there to see if deer were comming in and what do you know their was a family of coons up in the tree! I smoke momma while she went running away. The two little ones had no idea what was happening so they just sat there next to each other. My partner let one fly and got both of them with one shot it was pretty funny!

eyebuster
    Duluth

Out Bow hunting My buddy’s Dad told us that something was tearing up his apple tree so we went there to see if deer were comming in and what do you know their was a family of coons up in the tree! I smoke momma while she went running away. The two little ones had no idea what was happening so they just sat there next to each other. My partner let one fly and got both of them with one shot it was pretty funny!

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

A couple years ago, I was walking along the cornfield heading back to the truck after an evening of bow hunting. Up ahead of me I saw 2 young coons playing around in the corn. I decided to play with them a little and went running toward them. They hunched their backs up, showed their teeth, and started making a hissing sound. Then all of a sudden, here comes momma running out of the corn right for me. I took off running back to the truck and she ran after me for quite a ways Needless to say she was ticked off Since then I don’t chase young coons anymore without a gun

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

A couple years ago, I was walking along the cornfield heading back to the truck after an evening of bow hunting. Up ahead of me I saw 2 young coons playing around in the corn. I decided to play with them a little and went running toward them. They hunched their backs up, showed their teeth, and started making a hissing sound. Then all of a sudden, here comes momma running out of the corn right for me. I took off running back to the truck and she ran after me for quite a ways Needless to say she was ticked off Since then I don’t chase young coons anymore without a gun

eyebuster
    Duluth

I can picture that perfectly I almost fell off the chair!

eyebuster
    Duluth

I can picture that perfectly I almost fell off the chair!

Lardy
    SDSU via Savage, MN

Me and my buddies were looking into doing some racoon hunting around Brookings. Where would I be able to get my hands on coon calling tapes? Im also trying to find some fur buyers around here but ive had no luck.

Lardy
    SDSU via Savage, MN

Me and my buddies were looking into doing some racoon hunting around Brookings. Where would I be able to get my hands on coon calling tapes? Im also trying to find some fur buyers around here but ive had no luck.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I can’t help you with a fur buyer in your neck of the woods, but I can help with the tapes of coon sounds. Look up the tapes here Minnesota Trap Suppllies
    They carry the tapes and you can order online I believe

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I can’t help you with a fur buyer in your neck of the woods, but I can help with the tapes of coon sounds. Look up the tapes here Minnesota Trap Suppllies
    They carry the tapes and you can order online I believe

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.