Power Steps for Pickups

• chomps
    Sioux City IA

no

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

My wife just asked me if they came with a rascal?!?! Apparently this items looks like it for “older people”. LOL

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

Leroys customs can help you. They are in blain.

Doug Ledlie
    Southern Iowa

I am a GM mechanic and wanted to chime in on my experience with our factory power folding steps that are very similar to these. If you are like many outdoorsmen and travel off the beaten path make very sure you wash your truck regularly and you will need to lube all the pivot points very regularly. We have seen quite a few come in inoperative and found that some or al the vot points are seized. The vehicles look to be either gravel travelers or just plain neglected after all the road salt after our State of Iowa road crews pour their brine or salt down. They are very cool looking but after working on them I will take my regular ol tube steps any day! Maybe this brand will be better but they sure look the same so if you do go this route I would suggest you make sure to do some preventative maintenance before you have issues.

corey_waller
    hastings mn

Suzuki, Same issues with the Fords as Doug said with the Chevys, I would stay away from them unless you plan to service (clean and lube) them every other oil change. 50% of the trades we have come in have one side or the other in-op

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’m out. You guys convinced me. I just need to find a stationary bar that I like the looks of.

jerad
    Otranto, IA/Hager City, WI

The fw and I just bought an Expedition that have them. Passengar side was weak when we bought, I got it home and WD40’d both sides and now works great. These sound like they need to be maintained to avoid future problems.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Got these at Leroy’s Custom in Blaine.

They are one piece and stretch wheel to wheel. Very nice for grabbing something over the side of the truck.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_3983.jpg

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.