Posting Issues

• Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I’m about done with this site. I would bet 50% of my posts disappear. Doesn’t matter if I’m replying or just adding. I’ve tried 3 times to respond to a post tonight and each time after I submit it’s just gone.

I understand this isn’t a high budget operation but this is super frustrating and has been an issue for awhile across many members.

Is there a fix being looked at for this? Do I need to submit a help desk ticket? Should I update the cover letter to my TPS report?

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I don’t post a lot but have very little issues replying to stuff. When posting a new topic it usually seems like it isn’t working then all the sudden does. I spend most of my time here on my work computer so maybe it’s that.

Reef W

Things I’ve noticed is that a single link might work, might not, but two links will never work. Quotes generally work but if it’s a quote with another quote inside it probably won’t, delete the nested quotes. And not sure about this one but maybe length effects it, I assume longer just has more stuff to trigger the spam detection. You can highlight relevant text before clicking quote and it will only add that instead of the whole post.

CaptainMusky

Yeah if you are quoting a comment in your reply and it has links and or emojis those fail every time. Make sure you only quote ONE post not multiple like a thread those never work either. I strip out all emojis.

big_g
    Isle, MN

This is not an airport… you do not need to announce your departure … devil chased jester rotflol

Mine worked !!! peace

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

This is not an airport… you do not need to announce your departure … devil chased jester rotflol

Mine worked !!! peace

Test quote with emoji wave

-J.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jon Jordan wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>big_g wrote:</div>

Mine worked !!! peace

Test quote with emoji wave

-J.

Quotes with a link:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/news/legendary-bands-of-the-1980s-see-what-they-look-like-today/ss-AA1oFhUP?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531&cvid=b24869b161ae458385f2f7bfd7ac0d4d&ei=18

-J.

Quote the quote with a web link

-J.

CaptainMusky

Interesting Jon. My posts fail every time I try that.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Hard to impossible to fix something we can’t replicate.

Matt, I see you added to posts to the boat post. Looks like both worked. There was probably a delay in the display. I do see that delay on occasion. Try giving it a few minutes. Or close out of IDO and open in a new browser.

I know it’s super easy to double post. We delete out a few of those every week.

Staying signed in seems to be working for me now. So I hope that is fixed for everyone.

-J. peace

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Interesting Jon. My posts fail every time I try that.

Same thing. Jon must be magic.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Matt, I see you added to posts to the boat post. Looks like both worked. There was probably a delay in the display. I do see that delay on occasion. Try giving it a few minutes. Or close out of IDO and open in a new browser.

Staying signed in seems to be working for me now. So I hope that is fixed for everyone.

-J. peace

Keeps me signed in 50 percent of the time

Sharon
    SE Metro

The emojis on the site via the “smilies” button always work. It’s the emojis from your keyboard that don’t work anymore and haven’t for some time. Site bugs are very hard to diagnose when the issues aren’t consistent and aren’t easily replicated by those who are able to fix them. Best bet is to just type your reply and copy it just in case there’s a glitch. waytogo

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Going to move this post over to the website Q&A forum so Dave sees this.

One tip on posting web page links. Make sure to take out the >>> HTTPS:// part of the link so the link starts with WWW.

-J.

Reef W

Do you guys ever test from regular user accounts? Everybody has these problems and then people with different account types can’t replicate it, maybe the filter doesn’t apply the same. I just tried replicating one of your earlier posts with exact same quote you did and it’s not here.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I just tried replicating one of your earlier posts with exact same quote you did and it’s not here.

I just did the same and it just boots me back to the top of the post

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

-J. peace

The double post on that thread was because the response didn’t show for a few minutes. Prior to that I wrote 2 lengthy replies in the thread that never showed up.

I also tried to reply in the P2 thread to no avail.

Like others have said, this has been an issue for a couple years at least. If you continue to reply and quote from a moderator account it’s probably not going to replicate. I’d suggest you make some test accounts and try replicating from there.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Here’s an example from right now. I’ve tried to reply to Bigwerm 3 times. Nothing shows.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_5757.png

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Ya its hit and miss. I have a run where I have no issue, then a run where every post has a issue. When posting a new post. After hitting enter/ send whatever the buttons says I just get the spinning wheel of death no longer how long I wait. I hit the button again and get a error message that says duplicate. Back out and come back in a few minutes later and there is my post. I always have to hit the enter again and get the error message and then it post fine

Sharon
    SE Metro

Matt – try removing the smilies from your quoted text and then try posting your reply.

Deuces

60% of the time, my post posts everytime

I’m no PC dude, but I feel the answer is in the very fact mods can’t replicate it

Sharon
    SE Metro

I was unable to replicate the inconsistent errors before I became a moderator. It’s best to just follow the guidelines (copy your reply before clicking the button to post, avoid double quotes, avoid quoting with smilies, and remove the https:// before posting a link) and to also be patient. It is a free website for users after all. waytogo

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I don’t think users should have to remember work arounds just to post.

Sounds like there isn’t the desire or maybe resources to fix the issue.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.