Possible to transfer data from Garmin to Humminbird?

• Nate Northup
    Madison, WI area

I’m thinking of switching to HB on my new (to me) boat – old boat was running Garmin and I have a ton of recorded data that I’d like to keep. Question is, is the ipilot link worth the switch to HB? Those of you that’ve used both garmin and HB, what was your take?

Thanks for the info, folks.

Greg Krull
    South Metro / Pool 4

I wouldn’t think it’s possible to share that data. I assume you still have the Garmin if you asking about sharing the data. You may want to just run both? At least til you have a bunch of data on your Humminbird anyway. You may find you like having both and just keep it.

Greg Krull
    South Metro / Pool 4

I do have the ipilot link and enjoy the features, but I don’t use it but maybe 20% of the trips I go out on.

Onthewater

If you don’t know, the link is part of the trolling motor, not the humminbird. I like the extra info you get on the screen like your autopilot line and where your spotlocked on the map. When you use the jog feature your spotlock icon moves on the screen immediately. That helps a lot getting the spot on the spot dialed in. Being a 90%+ river fisher that hardly ever trolls I don’t use the follow the contour much at all. For lakes I could see that being better but the river is constantly changing and wouldn’t trust the mapping

Ripjiggen

Don’t need hummingbird to use ipilot link. If you a referring to useing your graph to control trolling motor. No i don’t think it is worth it.

Nate Northup
    Madison, WI area

Thanks guys.

Yeah I meant to specify that just looking to see if there’s a way to convert the saved bathymetry recordings.

I guess I’m trying to decide whether it’s worth switching to HB (and losing the stored data) to use the ipilot link w/ a terrova -or- just sticking w another Garmin to keep my data.

I mostly like my Garmin but feel like I’m only about 80% dialed in with settings/readability. I’ve HBs are much more intuitive and user friendly, but I’ve never ran one myself.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.