Possible Deal alert – Milwaukee M18 12ah battery

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I was doing some research for a replacement battery for my M18. At this website:

https://www.milwaukeeset.ga/

I found the HD12.0 12 Ah battery on sale for 80.00. Everywhere else gets over 200.00 -250.00 each for these batteries. That’s like getting 3 for the cost of 1. It even has free shipping. I’m not 100% sure this is a legit place or not. Has anyone purchased anything from this web site. At first I thought it a Milwaukee’s official web site but looking close it is not.

Does this sound to good to trust it????

deertracker

Based on their info at the bottom I would run away. Just look at the wording they use.
    DT

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20210114-124841.png

Jon Cutlan

Saw this same website with a different address. Scam. Stay away.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Based on their info at the bottom I would run away. Just look at the wording they use.
    DT

Ya that had me a little worried. I guess I just wanted the deal to be valid to much. Like they say ” If it sounds to good to be true, It probably is “

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

Yea, I’m going to side with deertracker on this one. It’s set up to look like milwaukee’s site…

A quick domain search shows that the site is 10 days old and is owned by someone from South Korea.

Do not purchase anything from here.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

A quick domain search shows that the site is 10 days old and is owned by someone from South Korea.

Do not purchase anything from here.

Good detective work.

I was going to say scam just based on the obviously scraped Milwaukee logo they use.

Are there non OEM 12 AHR out there? I have some “generic” M18 batteries (not Milwaukee OEM I mean) in the 5.0 AHR and I’ve been really happy with them considering the price. I can’t vouch for if they actually deliver the rated 5 AHR, but they last longer than the little batteries. Just a thought.

Grouse

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

“We are professional online company in the world” jester jester

“Your email is safe with us” rotflol rotflol

al-wichman
    SE Wisconsin

Reminds me of last Christmas. My brother wanted a new Milwaukee Drill set. Normally they go for around 500-600 depending on where you look. He finds it online from a website THEBOBO.Com for 125.00. So my dad, against my advice orders it from there. Needless to say, he never got anything from them and their website was gone the day after Christmas. Luckily his Credit Card company was really understanding and refunded his money.

munchy
    NULL

Also don’t buy anything from Wish.com.

Just a heads up, when Home Depot has the “Buy xxx get yyy free” sales you can purchase the items, then return either one for money back, typically around 50% of the retail value. So say there is a buy a drill for $300 get a $200 battery for free. You can return that drill for a refund of around $150-200 and keep the battery for around $100-150.
    This is totally legit and the refund prices will be typically on the receipt.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.