what’s your opinion on types of fishing boats?

• walleyetracker
    Des moines,Iowa

do you like console or tiller and why do you perfer it==I’ve got a console,it works really well trolling=

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

I really like the tiller boats as I like being able to run everything from the back of the boat plus you get a smoother ride in the back of the boat. BUT I added a console to the back of my boat so now I have the best of both worlds. So now I have a console, kicker motor and electric trolling motor in the rear of the boat. Also have a front electic trolling motor too and locators at front, console, and by the kicker motor so I’m ready for any style of fishing. Bill

hawger
    Owatonna, MN

I have two Alumacrafts… a Trophy 190 and a Lunker 14.

I have the I/O in the bigger boat and a Yamaha 25 on the “puddle jumper”. Both have Minkota foot controlled trolling motors on the bow and are very easy-to-fish from. Both are very dry rides and are built well… but I perfer to fish from my 14 footer! I too, love the tiller…(well not in big lakes waters, but on a given stretch of the river… I perfer the control I have with the smaller boat). It is just much more simple. I can just fish much eaiser with a tiller.

Now that I have adopted three kid-os, I do feel the need for a 16 footer and will be moving up this year sometime. I will keep a 19 footer (or or move up to a 20 footer) also for those big water days.

Hawger

SNAKEYES
    Iowa

I prefer a console in my Alumacraft. I use a Minn-Kota foot control bowmount trolling motor also. There are graphs mounted on the console and on the bowmount. For me this set-up works very well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.