Pool 2 quick report

• DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

I will have a formal report up probably tomorrow night after I get off the water.
    But for now, heres the scoop from my boat!
    The last couple outings have had me targeting the late afternoon/evenings. THe bite during the day off the wingdams is fair right now. The fish you do knock into are above average size (22″-27″ fish)but the numbers have been down a bit. As the sun drops, the bite picks up momentarily for a flurry of action for 20-35 minutes and then shuts down pretty hard. THe hours afterdark is hardly worth sticking around for at THIS point. This bite will change very soon!
    The the water begins the discolor, the day bite should pick up for these fish relating to the wingdams and make for more consistent catches.

As for the vertical jig bite. I have reports of some pretty consistent action throughout the day. some days are a bit bewtter than the day before and so on. Catches from 15-40 fish a day have been what I have been hearing as of the last couple days. The airport area continues to be a spot worth checking out. THe inside sand turns of the river have been turnign fish as of late as well. 25 foot and less have been the most common depths that I have heard. An occasional nice fish has shown up here as well mixed in with the 14-20″ fish. Vertical jigging minnows appears to be the most common techniques that has been producing fish. Jig/plain plastics have caught some fish as well, but slightly inconsistent for right now.

Look for areas such as the confluence (MN/Miss river juction), lilydale area, the airport and most outside bends to start showing more and more active fish as they begin to get more active with anticipation of the pre-spawn activity.

Warm weather is forecasted for the weekend. This should spark some much anticipated activity from the fish!! So, get that boat out and get down here as there are plenty of fish to be caught! LOOK FOR MY REPORT TOMORROW NIGHT

MasterBait

It’s nice to hear that the fish are biting somewhat. Heard from a couple of people that it was pretty slow. Is it to early to run the fiberglass boat yet?

rippinpigs
    Apple Valley, MN

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH! I’m calling my storage guy TODAY and get my baby out there. Whats been the common jig weight on the wingies Steve? Hows the current?

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

All4eyes,

Fiberglass boats welcome down here! I just dug mine out this past week. There is very little floating ice right now on the river. This could all change with some warm weather and boat wakes.

Travis,

Current is still minimal, jig sizes have ranged from a 1/16th oz all the way up to 1/4 oz when the wind decides to blow a bit.
    I had better success with hairjigs than I did with the plastics the last couple of nights. These are difinately worth the pitch during the day.

bt-eye
    Apple Valley, Mn (Pool 2)

I’M WITH YOU TRAVIS MY BOAT IS IN MY GARAGE AND WAITING FOR ME I’M GOING OUT THERE NOW AND CHARGE THE BATTERIES AND GOING TO TRY TO MAKE IT OUT THERE TOMORROW AT ABOUT 3PM

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.