Any fish in the world

• dodge_boy
    Minocqua, Wi

If you could fish for any fish in the world what would it be? Mine is a toss up between tarpon and pecock bass in South America. Maybe some day I will get out Tarpon fishing. Father-in-law lives in Flordia so maybe it will happen.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

geee I dont know much about saltwater and foreign species….

I guess I never allowed myself to “dream”…I have fished for and caught pretty much all of our local species…. and for some reason its the walleye and sauger that Ive come to love the most….. for pure fight Im sure the salt water species are hard to beat…. sure I would love to try tarpon, and why not snook, bonefish, dolphin, sailfish and marlin? those are some of the heavy hitters Ive heard about…… oh and I would like to try stripers too… they run into rivers on the east coast… and I came really close to trying them, but just was not able to scrape up the time…… and I hear bluefish are pretty fun too…… man….. if I had the money.. I guess I would just have to go after ALL speices of game fish… why not? THEN I could answer your question with the voice of experience instead of just a wishful thought……

greg-vandemark
    Wabasha Mn

I want to catch the state record walleye or Sauger on Pool 4 .

using my Bunny Baits…..

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Sheepshead………………….so I’d never have to go hungry!

J/K – :Muskies and Pike, followed by LM and SM bass. Tarpon for Saltwater! Wouldn’t mind some ‘Cuda action either!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

How about those monster pike up in Saskatchewan !! I love watching those shows !!

todd_miller
    Houlton, WI.

I love to fish Walleyes in Canada. The peacfull setting combined with 4-7 lb eyes makes for a great trip. We camp and usally see no other boats except the ones in our party. There is also some monster pike in the bays around our campsite which make for great late morning fun. Lake trout are a blast to catch however it can be tricky staying over the humps when its windy. Up to the north is a creek that feeds into another lake it is full of smallies so we stop by there after lunch. so there you have it CANADA gets my vote.

bigtime
    North Carolina

Hands down the ultimate fish in the world is the piriaba(sp?) Its the second largest species of catfish in the world. It lives in the amezon and is nearly impossible to land. They get in to the hundreds of pounds category. Some day I will catch one. then put the photo of it on the board

pip
    Oskaloosa ,Iowa

I love to walleye fish! But my dream fishing trip would be to go to Austrailia to catch a “BIG” Black Marlin.My 2nd choice would be to go way up north and catch some Artic grayling.

big dad
    Rochester, Minnesota

On the river – still tough to beat a battle with a good big

carp for fun. Or the occasional sturgeon (which by the way,

has anyone else noticed an increase in frequency of catching

them the past couple of years?)

dodge_boy
    Minocqua, Wi

You guys gotta get out of that rut. Eye’s,bass, pike, come on you fish those all the time. I mean any fish besides those that are in are local waters. I love to catch those fish but some times sitting in the boat I just wonder what it would be like to be fishing for something else that is way off the wall. Rooster Fish I guess are awsome fighters.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

My youngest daughter keeps telling me I need to quit looking for a woman with a big gut and scales [ big female walleye ] so I promised her I would go fishing for a sexy blonde Mermaid! Does that count?

flick
    Alma WI

i would defently go after a blue marlin…those are the kinda fish u gotta starp the pole on ..they look like they would be a blast to fight…but do any of you fish salmon.(kings Coho’s)..i get over to Lake Michgan a couple times a year..an boy oh boy do some salmon give you a ride…the average king salmon u fight for 10-15mins..then when u hook into a big one you got your work cut out for ya…….once you do it once your hooked for life.

FLICK

FallingRock1
    Eastman Wi

Any fish in the world?Sailfish, nice warm day on the ocean no ice to dodge, cooler full of coldones and somebody else to watch the graph and drive the boat.One day of this then get back to the EYES!!!!!!!!!

Len

todd_miller
    Houlton, WI.

Halibut in Alaska would be awesome. The scenery alone would be worth the trip.

Craig Matter
    Hager City,Wi

Fall fishing for Musky, gatta get that 50 incher!!!!!

SNAKEYES
    Iowa

Any fish in the world? It would still have to be walleyes!!!

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Well dodge boy, since you put it that way. My guess would have to be tarpon fishing on light tackle in shallow on topwaters.

Seeing these fish explode makes a largemouth look like a bluegill. JK. But this would be a blast. I would also love to catch a few big peacock bass as well someday!!!

hawger
    Owatonna, MN

Fly rod Tarpon in Costa Rica….my dream!

Hawger

paxtonrasm
    Woodville, WI

I’d like to fish the rivers of alaska or in the northwest territories for monster pike/lake trout. But I have to agree with Big Time, I’ve seen the articles and pictures of parabia(sp?) and they look like they would be a blast.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Walleyes on Erie and the Columbia river!!! Then chinooks in Alaska, followed up by muskies on Mille Lacs.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I’ve caught ‘cuda and yellowfin in Mexico and black grouper, amberjack and snapper out of Tampa. Saltwater is a blast and I highly recommend to try it if you can.

I think I would target the Nile perch in the Nile river. Those things are ungodly big and ugly.

Peacock bass in Costa Rica would be a dream trip for me.

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

Tarpon looks to be great, also would like to get into some peacock bass with ya Dodgeboy. Baracuda (sp?) They look to be pretty nasty as well!

For more of a local flavor monster pike or some huge smallies.

I guess I have passed my one fish limit, but what the heck.

mstrctmn
    Omaha, NE/ Fort Worth, TX

Saltwater I’d have to go with Tarpon on the salt flats.

Freshwater is a bit tougher. First I’d go with a massive flathead cat 70 or above would be fine. Then probably a big muskie. I’d also love to get up to the Red River and fish channels or over to Santee Cooper sometime, what fun.

Matt

Beaver

Muskies…..4 footers, anytime, anyplace.

Other than that, I would like to fish for bonefish on the flats with a flyrod somewhere. That looks like it would be fun.

Beav

swany
    Southeastern Minnesota.

Stillakid, If you do catch that sheepshead, I have a as- kicking recipe for you!!!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.