Theory High water or low?

• mudlnthru
    Burnsville

This thread is beginning to sound like the Great Migration of the South African eland… “as they move toward the rivers after the rainy season, poles hanging from their shoulders, waders hiked high in order to keep out the coldest parts, the Great Northern River Fishermen spread out and search for the shallowest parts. Some seek current. All are hunting for the elusive Giant Walleye. Few seek mates at this time, although they often grow their finest spring plumage during spring.”

Maybe the Discovery Channel should do a special. LOL

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

OK Turk, please answer the question you posed:

I’ve got a good theory question where I have my mind made up on this topic for the St. Croix at least…

So, what have you made your mind up about?? What is the Theory??

Got to know before going on to your second post about the fall bite.

Thanks, Jon J.

Charlie “Turk” Gierke
    Hudson Wisconsin

J.J.,

Sorry my post is gone? I must have missed the continue button again!!!

What I wrote yesterday is that I agree with the common theme here…high water springs have always = the best spring fishing for me on the St. Croix,

Last year for example was a high water year where the fishing was great on the Croix and on Pool 4 as I remember from posts on this board!

Keep catchin’

Turk

Charlie “Turk” Gierke
    Hudson Wisconsin

Jimbo – that day may never die! LOL!

All I can say to the board here is the next day after this trip, the Corp. closed all boat traffic on the Mississippi from here to Mexico! anyway live and learn.

Turk

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.