P 14 Conditions?!?

• mikez
    Missoula MT, Eldridge IA

O.K. Quick post and looking for idea’s. Pool 14 river levels are running high, like most of the other area’s. But, an added problem is when I launched out of Princeton IA, this afternoon, they had a pretty good May-Fly hatch going on.

Anyway, with the high water I decided to hit the pit just north of the “Nuclear” plant and play for a while. Managed 5 white bass on cranks, near the opening right off the bat, then everything shut down for a while.

With nothing happening and a May-flies hatching, I figured to slow down and started to pull crawler rigs with blades and found 4 keeper eyes along the east shore…near the point…between 1030 and 1130 AM.. The trick was to go as slow as I could and keep the blade spinning…just barely!!!! (No fish were kept!!!!!!!)

Anyway, with the high water and hatch, I was wondering if anybody had any other ideas. I want to take a guy out that I’ve wanted to take out for the past “7” years, and have never have had the chance. I really just want to get him on fish!!! Any idea’s other than what I’ve been doing!!!!!

Either way, thanks folks!!!

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

My limited time on the water of late has been spent in the pits as well. I’ll be going out Friday A.M. and looking to put some fish in the boat other places. Pits get pretty ho hum after a while! If I can get anything going elsewhere I let you know Speedy!

Fishon1
    Eastern Iowa

I was there Thursday in the am also and had no luck on walleyes. I was using a three way with a crawler and at times a drop weight of jig head and gulp. I even tried for bluegills and they did not want anything I was offering. Maybe next week the river will be down and I can get to some wingdams.

Have a great fourth

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.