Need Fishing Partner

• pip
    Oskaloosa ,Iowa

Hello to you all. I am new to this site. My winter fishing partner for 16 years can’t take the cold any more,of

course he is 79 years old. My name is Rick Sinnott. I live in Oskaloosa Iowa. Would like to find a fishing partner

for the winter months on the Mississippi River from Red Wing to Toolsbrough. I have a boat we can take or we

can fish out of yours . Better tell you my age Iam 44.

Thanks all

Rick

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Rick,

Welcome to the site. There are a lot of folks here that Fish The River from Red Wing on down….

The best way to “Hook Up” with a fishing partner here seems to be posting an invitation a day or so before you plan to head out. Done it several times and it has worked out well each time.

Visit often…when you think you know it all, you learn something new!

J.

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

Hey pip,

I’m not sure where Oskaloosa is, but if you get up to pool 14 during the winter I would be glad to fish with you. Your boat or mine. If you ever need to find out conditions for this pool I can probably help too. I don’t fish a lot in the winter. This year about once a week, but usually we are iced in most of December to early March. Drop me a line if you want to get out in this area.

Rooster

herb
    6ft under

Pip,

I met and talked to several guys from the Oskaloosa area this late fall and winter who were fishing the New Boston dam area. Didn’t get their names though. There are some really fine fishermen from over that way. Some even made their first trip here this year.

pip
    Oskaloosa ,Iowa

Nice to hear from you Rooster! Fishing at Muscatine tomorrow. Do you ever go to Red Wing? Maybe

we can get hooked up. I have a 1650 Lund with a 60 horse. Your reply will go to my Email this time ,

and I can email you back. What do you hunt? I hunt water fowl and pheasants have 4 birddogs.

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks

Rick

dodge_boy
    Minocqua, Wi

If you ever get up by the winona area give me a shout and I’ll take ya out for a good time. I’ll bet that haywood would tag along too.

sbb

Hi, my name is Steve. I am originally from Tracy, IA but have lived in Hudson, WI for 1 1/2 years. I fish in Red Wing all the time and would be interested in hooking up to fish with you. You can contact me at my e-mail address [email protected]

I am 38 years old.

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

pip,

I made it to Red Wing for the first time last summer. Went up for the FTR get together and had a great time. This year I hope to go again, and maybe spend the week-end fishing.

As for hunting, I like to pheasant and quail hunt, but don’t get time to very often. I also deer hunt.

I have a 16′ Sea Nymph Fish n Ski, and an older Bass Boat that I us in summer for crankbaiting wings, run and gun style.

Rooster

james
    Ankeny Iowa
    james
    Ankeny Iowa

Hello All I’m in the same boat as pip I’m 55 Retired and would like to get hooked up with someone to fish Red Wing I have fished Lake Pipin 4 or 5 times a year . I stay in Lake City . I have a 17’6″ Sylvan backtroller. I’m 4 hours away as I live in Ankeny Ia. I’m ready to go now but have to take it easy as I had major back sugery in Jan. If your boat I pay exp. if mine we can work something out. E- Mail me at [email protected] by the way my name is Jim Nell

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Well, I thought I might join this thread. I’m officially a boat owner!! 1750 Fishawk that I will be picking up in April. Dustin, thanks for the advice.

Being new (less than 2 years) in Hudson WI, I too, have a shortage of fishing partners. Fished with Tuck and Turk and picked up valuable pointers. Going to spending more time on the lovely ‘Croix. Looking forward to “getting off the bank” so to speak. I’m sure Kid and I will be out a bit. Always looking to make new fishing connections. Long on desire, but short on river fishing experience. Also if you fish with me, don’t laugh when I try to back the trailer in. It’s been a few years since I was any good at it.

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Congrats on the new boat. You have made a wise decision on your purchase! This is a great rig you will love it.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Dustin,

I wanted to pull the trigger on that one as fast as I could. I waited too long on your boat and am still kicking myself. I looked at Lunds, Trackers, etc..

Crestliner seemed to be the way to go. Glad I went to the walleye expo and met you face to face. Really looking forward to this summer.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.