Is it possible to launch near Wabasha?

• HammerHandle

I want to fish the river near Wabasha later this week and I was wondering if it is possible to use the boat launch in Wabasha or any of the accesses off of 25.

Thanks for your help.

riverfan
    MN

The Indian Slough ramp (1st across the bridge) is the only one. The rest alone 25 are limited by the bridge construction.

John

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Welcome to In-Depth Outdoors HammerHandle!!!

HammerHandle

Thank you for the information John and thanks for the welcome Steve.

HammerHandle

Is pool 4 or 5 slow no-wake now? Do you know where to find out about the slow no-wake restrictions?

Thanks!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

We drove thru the Wabasha launch area yesterday and the water was well up onto the landing area where you’d normally prep your boat. The docks were a definite wade job.

As for no-wake zones, some areas are no wake all year, like those found in front of Red Wing and in front of Wabasha. Given the high water and the chance of connecting with something submerged and unseen, I’d recommend not opening things up real wide. It doesn’t take much to ruin a day on the water ansd speed is usually the culprit at times like this.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Quote:

As for no-wake zones, some areas are no wake all year, like those found in front of Red Wing and in front of Wabasha.

The no wake in Wabasha is enforced Memorial Day weekend thru Labor Day weekend. Call the Wabasha Co Sheriff’s office to confirm if for some reason you don’t believe me.

HammerHandle

I guess my question is does the entire pool go no-wake when the river is above action stage (10ft) or flood stage (12ft)?

I am not so worried about the boat, the Triton runs right up over those slick logs that are floating down the river…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.