Fishing Xmas Gifts

• Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Hey guys….Hope everyone had a Merry Xmas and all……Just curious if/what some of you might have acquired as x-mas gifts??

I got a nice porta-heater for my ice shanty…along w/a new minnow bucket (the kind that lifts the bait out for you). …south bend tip-ups ….St. Croix rod/reel ice fishing combo ….Stocking FULL of fishing lures…and an electric Fillet knife….

Was Santa good to you?

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

HT fishing rod seat/bucket/rod holder combo and Ice Rod Travel Case.

I was threatened at gun point to give up a “list” of things I’d like as time was running short………….I mentioned those 2 items out of fear for my life…………..and that’s what came under the tree! Next time I get “scared”, I’m gonna up the anty and mention nothing less than a bass boat!

fishnut

A Lowrance LMS 480 that isn’t even in the stores yet. 2 years ago she (My wife) got me an isulated gore tex top and bib combo, and a few before that she got me the Cabela’s guide wear combo. Man I love this girl. 8 years ago, I came home from a fishing trip on a Sunday night at 10:30 and she had the shopper laying out with 3 different boats to look at. That next night I was pulling home my Stratos 285 XL Pro. I got the dual console just for her and because of two previous relationships that would always scowl when you opened her up. I guess the best thing I’ve ever gotten and still get is her support and love. Boy, did I really type this?

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

WOW !!! She have a single sister in the upper 40’s???? What a gal. You better hang on to her as shes a one of a kind sweetheart.
    Thanks, Bill

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

There is no way my wife would pickup any fishing gear for me. So nothing there for the boat, but my youngest son came through with a 100 dollar gift cert to BassProShops. So thought was very cool. Jack.

Mercman
    Red Wing, MN

Sounds like may of us did well, I guess my constant hints also paid off. I received a Vexliar FL-8SE with a genz box for Xmas. Thank goodness for Cabelas catalogs, just tear the page out and leave it laying around the house, works great.

Happy New Year!

riverfan
    MN

Mercman,

I nominate that for the tip of the year!

alkfish
    St Paul MN

Cabela’s gif cert! They fit me perfectly…one size fits all

illinois

well dad bought me a pop up ice shanty for christmas been ice fishing for years with out wonder how i got fingers and toes left

and mom got me a 7’4 heavy action quantum tour edition pt rod damn they spoil me

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

I must have been very naughty.
    I got shoes and a “you already have everything in the durn catalog”. It seems my 3year old must have done everything right. He has a mountain of future garage sale merchandise.
    jc

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I guess I was pretty good after-all, at least by the haul I made. Got the new graph for the boat, new Daiwa line counter and bunch of other stuff I can’t use fishing but will come in handy when I start to finish my basement this summer.

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

Spotting scope so I can watch you guys and steal….no borrow your best secret spots.

Box full of Rapalas to work those areas.

A Leech storage Bag.

A fish ruler to measure them (Still can’t figure why my bro said I didn’t need one bigger then 18 inches)

A radio and speakers for the boat so that after everyone reads this post I will still have some company.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.