Cold Weather ??

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’m wondering if I should be running some type of fuel additive this time of year?? Do you guys?? Is it or can it be harmful to run something like Heat in a tank of fuel??

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I thought you said you well selling your boat? So what do you care if you harm it-just send it down the road and forget about it.

Just kidding of course.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Just run Seafoam and non-oxygenated gas if you can find it. Forget the Heet.

Did I just graduate to “River Rat”?

J.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

If so, welcome to the level of user who should be working, but would rather be talking fishing!!!! Shh, don’t tell the boss….Luckily I monitor the logs of our internet traffic…..

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Fringe benefits are excellent!

Must need a few more posts….

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Whats the difference between seafoam and stabil? Some people say use seafoam and some say use stabil but I’ve never heard anyone say why they prefer one over the other. Thanks

Beaver

A mechanic told me to use Dry-Fuel. I think it’s a Quicksilver product. He says it’s the best for making sure water doesn’t collect in your fuel. He also told me to use regular lead-free because it has less alchohol than mid-grade and therefore will produce less moisture absorbtion. Fuel stabilizers help to prevent the formation of varnish type deposits and retain the integrity of the fuel.

Maybe there’s a marine mechanic in the audience who can help us out.

Beav

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Bill,

I use SeaFoam all year. In a 2-stroke main engine rig, seafoam keeps everything running clean. When I store a boat for 3-4 months I use Sta-Bil.

J.

Huntfish
    Davenport,Iowa

Jon j hit it right on the head , sea foam is a cleaner (soot or carbon) Stabil or 2+4 or dry fuel is a fuel conditioner to be used for storage. We recomend any carburated four strokes that will be sitting for more than 2-3 weeks should have fuel conditioner ran through them first.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.