boat launch problems overnight

• toni

Does anyone know if I can leave my vehicle at the boat launch overnight in Red Wing(I think its Baypoint park) or if Everetts lets people park overnight. I’m planning a trip with some guys that have a cabin just down from the dam but we can only get there by boat. Also has anyone had any problems with thefts or breakins at the public landing in Red Wing. Thanks

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m sure Dean at Everts would be very accommodating!

I haven’t heard of any nasty stuff going on…but why leave your vehical where no ones watching it over night? At least at Everts there’s fisherman around…sometimes all night.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Quote:

Does anyone know if I can leave my vehicle at the boat launch overnight in Red Wing(I think its Baypoint park) or if Everetts lets people park overnight. I’m planning a trip with some guys that have a cabin just down from the dam but we can only get there by boat. Also has anyone had any problems with thefts or breakins at the public landing in Red Wing. Thanks

I sure dont want to bring bad- luck,because about the time you say never something will happen .I have not heard of issues at Redwing…..but perhaps you might give there police dept a call.We will try to help out if that isnt comfortable for you!Good luck!

david_scott
    Twin Cities

I wouldnt park at a public access and leave my truck with a great option like Everts right there.

I have had people rummaging through my vehicle too many times at public access points all over the place. The more remote the access area, the worse problems I have had. Several broken windows over time, stolen stereo, speakers, change, spare tire, fishing equipment… heck, someone even stole my truck battery at one access after they took my jumpers and tried to get their vehicle started by jumping off my parked truck. My jumpers were laying on the ground, but the battery was gone.

I always used a private or more protected access these days when they are available. I havent heard of any issues in Red Wing, but I gaurantee(sp?) there is someone out there that has interest in what might be in sportsmans vehicles unattended at the access in the middle of the night.

Nothing is guaranteed safe anywhere, including private property… but its a lot less likely to have an issue not sitting out unattended in a public place.

suckerslayer
    Red Wing, MN

If you put in at Everts you will also get the best info on the current bite.

KirtH
    Lakeville

If you park at Everrets, dont leave any cookies on the front seat, strange things happen at night right BrianK

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

My fellow Americans, IF YOU part at Everetts, there will be TWO chickens in EVERY pot and TWO point FOUR cars in every garage.

—Mayor Quimby

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

I think a couple dozen fresh baked cookies would be a great security measure at Everetts

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thats right, if you stay at Everts the only thing that might be missing is the cookies if you leave them there on the front seat. Great plkace, great info, and great people.

Thanks, Bill

ps. I like your name. Does that mean you are fishing out of one? I am.

toni

Thanks all for the info, it looks like we will be putting in at Everets. We will see you this Sunday through Tuesday.

Yes I fish out of a Alumacraft NAV175 Tiller. I bought it last year and am very happy with it. The amout of room in the boat is great.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.