Need Winter Beater….

• jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I have been checking the classified adds here and keeping an eye out for a good winter river rig. Hoping someone out there can help me out…..

Here’s what I’m looking for:

15-16 foot aluminum, flat bottom Jon/Duck boat with trailer. Don’t need a motor or any electronics.

If anyone has one they would like to sell or know of one for sale in their neigborhood, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jon J. (Send Private)

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

I don’t appreciate you calling my walleye boat a winter beater……

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

LMAO !!

Mavzer, your boat would be a Cady sitting next to what I want to buy. I saw it at the get together and am jealous! Just don’t have the balls or 4×4 to sink my new glass boat into the river come January. Please help me!!

J.

dirk_w.
    Minnesota

Mikes the only guy I have ever known with a old washing machine for a live well. A true cat rig if there ever was one.

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

there is a great jon boat thatis sitting on the mian drag in Bayport or stillwater…. might be a little nicer than what you are looking for but a real nice rig…. didn’t see a price but I will see if I can get a number next time I go by…….

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has sent a message of help. I have looked at a bunch of boats since posting this request. Gone back and forth a bunch of times. 14 footer, 16 footer, New, Used….. Settled on what I’m calling a Big 14 foot jon. Four feet across the floor, 71 inches across the rails, plus a livewell. Crestliner 1448 – new from 61 marine. Pick it up tomorrow and will be on pool 2 at sun-up on Saturday.

Special thanks to my wife who actually allowed me to purchase two new boats in one year! (Got to stimulate the economy, ya know!!)

J.

Edited by Jon J. on 11/08/01 07:53 PM.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.