Sunken Boat

• Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I was headding down the back channel out side of PdC on Sunday after I got back from the EFN GTG and this is what I saw….I asked if every one was ok and I got the

Just the day before I herd someone hit the same log and someone was thrown from the boat and ran over by the prop…I’ll look for more details…Here are the pix….

fishsqzr

Dave – the boat operator was Steve Pierce, a retired Conservation Officer with the Iowa Department of Natural Resources. He would have been an experienced boat handler, having been or the river hundreds of times. Just goes to show, no mater how experienced you are, when you hit a log (or anything submerged) at high speed, the tiller rips from your hand and the boat makes a very sharp turn that people can get thrown out and the boat runs over them. Might not hurt for all of us to run will the kill switch toggle line hooked to our belt.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Thanks John, I hope and pray his wife recovers fully.

herb
    6ft under

Very good point John.

basspack
    PdC, WI.

Dave, I saw the picture in the Courier too. Where exactly did it happen? I have been running up the Roseau Channel alot in the last few weeks. I think I saw you walleye fishing on the souhteast end the Friday before the BFL.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

opps miss your reply…it was up on the upper end about 3/4 the way up from Big Lake entrance on the right hand side…in about 5-6′ of water…be careful..the boat is gone now i think…I looked down that way from up above and didn’t see it..unless it’s under water even further…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.