Pool 2?

• goldenpondguy
    Lakeville, MN

Has anyone been to pool two lately? The honeydo list got kinda long this week so I’ve been locked down for awhile. Last time we were there the weather had things pretty messed up. I was just wondering what i’ve been missing and if would be worth working on a kitchen pass for the afternoon.

rippinpigs
    Apple Valley, MN

I’ve been on it a couple times last week. The water is waaaaay up… and there is a lot of current. Pretty muddy as well. I’ve managed a few dinkes here and there on 3 ways, but there is alot of junk in the water too.
    The biggest fish was a 26″ spawned out female.

Personally, I’m going to wait a few days until things stablize.

big-northern
    Plymouth MN

I was out Friday afternoon, went to the dam and the confluence and fished a few current breaks in between. Got a nice smallmouth right near the lock plus a 15 lb carp, both on jig & minnow. A couple small walleyes at the confluence. Pool 2 is totally different than it was 10 days ago, that’s for sure- current is ripping along.

goldenpondguy
    Lakeville, MN

Made it out sunday. Spent a few hours by the lock. The carp were thick as flies. Hit some nice silver bass and a few smallmouth. Only one walleye. It still beat yard work!!!

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

I plan to be out a few more times in the next few days back on Pool 2 before my guiding takes me to Mille Lacs lake. When I left for Lake Erie (1 week ago) the river was on the rise in a hurry. I can only imagine what kind of condition she is in. Hopefully I have a positive report for everyone in the next couple days.

Have anyone tried pulling 3-ways in the seams of the current breaks at all? I am planning to start out with this game plan and go from there!

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I tried 3 ways and cranks last Tuesday, there was too much debris to keep your bait clean-leaves galore.

My only luck was just outside of the current.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Has anyone been to the 494 ramp lately to see if they have the ramp closed yet or is it still launchable!

Thanks

mike t
    St Paul, MN

Steve,

a buddy dropped in there last weekend, just to fire up the motor. He did say the roads were a little chewed up but the luanch was still accessible.

mbt

rippinpigs
    Apple Valley, MN

Was there tonight Steve… you can launch. Nuttin much to report as far as fish

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.