When is the Get Together?

• fishinfool
    mn

Just wanted to know what date is picked for the FTR Get-Together. My 1st place give away to age 16 to 21 is done. Very nice looking custom rod and reel for the winner. I plan on bringing my family to give the gift away. FISHINFOOL

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

Ya, when the hell is it?? Is it going to be at Everts Resort again?? Steve, James?? Come IN!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

We are trying for Aug. 16th at Everets Resort….I’m sure Steve V. is working on the details as fast as he can….As soon as the date is finalized It will be posted here !!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

August 16th good buddy! Mark it on your calendars and bring friends and family. EFN is going to splurge for a hog roast to celebrate our shared day together. I’ll do a formal announcement soon but this date is set in stone… we’ve reserved the weekend at Everts… all systems are go. On a side note, if you plan to stay for the night or the weekend and want to get a cabin or trailer at Everts, call NOW.

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

James, I tried to send you a PM but it says your not on the user list.If your not already set up for the hog roast I would be happy to do the cooking. have done lots of D.U. banquets weddings graduations etc. Do my roasts with uncured hams so everyone gets a good cut. Usually do cole slaw beans & buns for side dishes.Cooked on hickory and charcoal. Let me Know.

mudlnthru
    Burnsville

August 16th. Hmmm. Yet another public holiday set for my birthday. Or is it the other way around? Anyway, everyone gets to buy me a beer on that day. Stock up at Everts. Steve, make sure you have plenty.

Mike

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

All right !!!

Another fellow Leo !!

I’ll tip one ? or two with ya buddy !!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Mike, you will have to bring your ID with you as I see no pic of you so how do we know you are old enough to have a beer? Maybe you will have to just drink Diet Pepsi with me. Its tough being so young you know. See ya there. Thanks, Bill

mudlnthru
    Burnsville

Jeepers, Bill,

Being 20 is tough, ain’t it? I’m looking forward to this and it’s always a great pleasure to celebrate a little added youth with the gang. I’m bringing my id. It’s fake, but should hold up to the best exams. Shows me with no hair.

Dave, you’ll have to buy for me, though. No one lets me into the liquor stores because they know that I wear an old-man disguise and my picture is next to the cash registers. Hate to have someone get busted.

Looking forward to the get-together, though. Should be great fun this year.

Mike

mudcatkid
    On water

by the soudns of it…i should be able to make it there…..unless the D.U. Festival is that weekned…then i wil be in Oshkosh, WI At least i will be 21 by the time the get togather rolls around

gimpy
    Owatonna, Minnesota

You booze you lose!
    Or you will be like this guy all night

john mannerino
    Chicago IL

It looks like I will be able to make it this year. John Mannerino

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Is the get together on Pool 4? If so, I think you might like to know that the WI state BASS Federation tourn. is that weekend on Pool 4 and 5.

Bassman

Jriverat87

I am new to the website and i was just wondering if the get together on the 16th of august is for any ftr member?

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

It sure is. The more the merrier!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

The Get-Together is an “open” event. Anyone, registered here or not, may attend. We supply the location, some food and YOU bring a couple buddies or the family and be prepared for a darn good time!

Hope to see you there. Put it on your calendar and tell you fishing buddies to do the same as well.

Quote:

I am new to the website and i was just wondering if the get together on the 16th of august is for any ftr member?

woolybugger1
    W Wisconsin

I was hesitant to go last year, not too good at meeting people and just how good can a free event be. All I can say is look up the old postings from last years event. I have never met so many great people in one place at one time. Never seen such nice prizes at a contest for under $20 entry fee, and this one was free!!! Never eaten such good food at an event like this, again Free!!! James and the crew can put together a pretty good party. My suggestion is that you go the night before and fish the Catfishing contest. Stay up late, visit, relax and then at midnight go fishing. So much fun. I wish that I could make it this year but it just won’t fit on the calender.
    I was a newbie last year to the board when I went. I recomend just tuning in to this site a few times a week and get familiar with some of the names/handles and then look them up at the get together. Not a bad apple in the bunch.

danwi
    westby wi

I have never been to pool 4 or Everts could someone tell me where it is at?.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Pool 4 is on the Mississippi River basicly from a approx. 6 miles north of Red Wing Mn. to Alma, Wisc. In other words from dam to dam. Everts Resort is a little north of Red Wing [up river] from Red Wing on the Wisconsin side. Hope to see you there. Click on this and it will take you to Everts website. http://www.fishtheriver.com/everts/ [the website even has driving directions] Thanks, Bill

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

I can’t waite for the big get together and cattin contest.. catfish, beer and food what else is thier!!!!! You gonna be in it again this year woolybugger?? It should be fun just stay out of my favorite spots

woolybugger1
    W Wisconsin

Like I said above, can’t make it. I hope something changes so that I can but just don’t see that happening. You are right though, just don’t get no better.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Are the get together and the BB/BS weekend are 2 different weekends? I thought last year they where on the same weekend. Maybe I am not following the posts close anough. Could you clear this up for me. Are there any schduals for the two events yet. Thanks

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Hey Mike, the BB/BS is Aug. 9th and 10th….the FTR Get Together is the following weekend…16th and 17th….

orca
    Red Wing, MN

I will probably have to work on the 16th. What do you all do on the 17th?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Get back up and clean up…then go fishing !!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Get excited folks…! It’s getting close. I know all the talk has been about the ARM event and rightly so but the Get Together is the following weekend and we’re having roast hog (YUM-YUM-YUM!) and fixins’ + pop and adult beverages… and all of this is after the fun / free tourney we are holding for the following divisions:

walleye / sauger

bass

catfish

This year we’re going to be giving away trophies for the largest fish in each ctaegory, along with prizes of course, and the trophies will have the previous year’s winners engraved on each! Should be great fun! Mark it on your calendars and for those not familiar with how these little fun tournies are run, check out this post from last season:

http://www.in-depthangling.com/forums/river/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=pool4&Number=18721&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=all&vc=1

Get EXCITED!~ I am.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

What about the longest drive contest “?

I’ll bring4 dozen golf balls !!! What can we do for a winning prize ?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

How ’bout a prize for the person who can do the best “Banana Dance”?

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

hey james,

if we just “show up” with out a boat or a partner will it still be possible to find someone to fish with??? even better, anyone looking for a fishing buddy for the day??

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Hey Jake, I’ll pull you in the tube and the guys on shore can try and hit ya with a golf ball !!

Heck, you could speed troll at the same time !!!

Honestly,,,I’m sure you’d match up in a boat with someone !!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.