Pool 4 / Vermilion river question

• KirtH
    Lakeville

How would you get to the railrod bridge from Pool4, which way around Diamond Island?

My guess is that in fall or low water it is tough but what about high water times?

walzer
    Afton, MN

Hey Moreyes,

I copied a link to a map of the area. I personally have never ventured down the Vermillion, but it looks like the north end of the island would be the spot to enter. I know during low water it might be tough getting back there. Hopefully someone with a little more experience down there will jump in and let you know, I’m a little curious myself.

Pool 4 map

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Yes, you would want to go through the top end of the island. Be VERY careful though as there is virtually no water right now. Take it slow and keep a look out for logs. They are everywhere for you to hit.

The last time I ventured up there I almost had to get out of the boat and unbeach it. I ended up throwing out the anchor and pulling it back in to get the boat unstuck.

bbayerko
    Eagan MN

Gator,
    What would an experienced rat like you be doing beaching your boat without someone to jump in and push you out???

KirtH
    Lakeville

I looked it up on GOOGLE EARTH also, last spring i ventered up the south side of Diamond a ways, caught some nice eyes

slayer
    Rochester, MN

There is a public boat ramp on Collischan Road. I have never used it before, but I just saw it on a map. You can launch the boat here and head south to Vermillion River. To get to this ramp, take 61 (north or south depending upon which direction you are coming from) until you reach a town called Harliss, then head east on Collischan Road and follow this until you reach the ramp. If you do check this ramp out let me know what it looked like will you? Depths etc?

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

Gator,
    What would an experienced rat like you be doing beaching your boat without someone to jump in and push you out???

Whadda ya mean??? I had a guy with me but I couldn’t talk him into climbing out of the boat. Seriously the place these guys are talking about is shallower than where we got stuck.

The south side of the island has absolutely no water running through it right now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.