No Wake?

• fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

Can anyone tell me if the no-wake zone at Wabasha is in effect? If I remember correctly someone posted a year or two ago that it is not enforced after Labor Day. I’ll be up there later this week and next week with a group of friends and one of them was asking about the no-wake zone last night so I figured this would be the best place to find out.

Eyehunter

bassless

Theres a no wake zone!!! The no wake zone is not enforced after labor day. They might be out there during that walleye tournament, out of Lake City this weekend.

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

not enforced now

krisko
    Durand, WI

I would call the Wabasha County Sheriff’s Department to find out. 651-565-3361

bassless

The “No Wake” has been in place for many years, And Wabasha would like it to be year around but wisconsin does not agree,So the deal was worked out for it to be inforced only between memorial Day and labor day. And it is only inforced from minnesota.

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

Thanks people. We have been going up there every September (after Labor Day) for many years now and I’ve always slowed to no wake speed at Wabasha. It never has bothered me. Our group got together last night to see who is bringing what as well as to humor a couple Viking fans by watching the game. We were BS’ing about trips up there in the past and the no-wake zone came up in the conversation.

Eyehunter

LazyEyez
    Arcadia, WI

Memorial Day to Labor Day only !

fireline
    Rochester

Does that go for Red Wing as well ?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

No. The no wakes in Red Wing are enforced year round.

sean-lyons
    Waterloo, IA and Hager City Wi.

Quote:

No. The no wakes in Red Wing are enforced year round.

Yep, pray to the rain gods for some water in the back channel, I’m getting tired of that long run to the lake.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.