Fri
    Mar 14 Mostly Cloudy 56°/42° 0 %
    Sat
    Mar 15 Mostly Cloudy 60°/32° 10 %
    Sun
    Mar 16 Partly Cloudy 63°/26° 10 %
    Mon
    Mar 17 Mostly Cloudy 51°/19° 20 %

James are you sure you want to work this weekend for me?? Looks as if it might get a little bit busy with this weather forecast!!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Oh man… I’m going to have to get you to hire me some help! The last time I worked and it hit 40 we had nearly 100 boats. Ummmm… call Wayne… quick…lol

Actually, sounds like fun. Working the resort is fast paced and quite enjoyable when there’s a ton of people there. For a few days at a time anyway. I’m looking forward to it. Always get to meet some new people and talk some shop with a bunch of different anglers. Should be a really good bite if recent history is any indication.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Put the coffee on, I’ll be down tomorrow morning at 7. Is the landing going to be OK?
    Tuck

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Ramps should be ok in the morning. There was quite a bit of ice this morning, but nothing that couldn’t be broken up easy enough with the snowplow. Cya in the AM. High of 38 tomorrow. Should be a great day. Those looking to avoid the HUGE crowds this weekend may want to go this week. It’s suppose to be nice all week!

Inge
    West Central WI

Heh Steve,
    So exactly how crowded is crazy? I am definately coming down. I could come on down Thursday or Friday – or – Saturday to save a Vacation day. But if its really insane I would just as soon come during the week.

BTW how much snow did you guys get down that way? enough to cause any measurable increase in the current/levels?

Thanks Inge

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

dont want to put a damper on ya… but on a good day you might see 300+ boats….. but my guess is this weekend wont be THAT strong… but I would guess 200+ is possible parituclarly if the weather is nice during the week.. and predicted even nicer for the weekend….

Dean Marshall

It’s anybody’s guess, but I would expect to see 2-3 hundred boats out this Saturday. SInce we’re going to have 6-7 nice days in a row, maybe that will spread it out a little bit, but The weekend WILL be crowded at the dam….GUARANTEE IT! I personally won’t be here to see it. The priest says I have to go to this “marriage retreat” thingy if I want to get married this summer…..Who would have thought I would have planned it for the nicest day of the year so far! How come I can never plan a fishing trip like that!? For those of you that haven’t picked up your ringworms, k-grubs, or superdoos….stop in the bait shop this weekend and pick some up. Mr. Holst will be working for me and can give you the hot tips on how to use them! Good Luck all!

tfuller4
    Marion, Ia

does boat pressure effect the fishing. do you think the fish bite as well on the weekends with hundreds of lines in the water. i guess you can look at it this way. hundreds of lines and thousands of fish. to bad you have to be away this weekend. make sure james gets the suntan lotion on the main counter. that will go as fast as the minnows and ringworms…..

Dean Marshall

Without a doubt the boat pressure effects the shallow water bite. With the low/clear water, the walleye will sink down a little deeper than they would be if there weren’t boats buzzing around/anchors dropping on their heads/gear being dropped on the bottom of boats etc. etc. Not to discourage anyone, but when there is a good bite during the week and there are hardly any boats out……the bite on that weekend if it’s crowded seems to slow down. This happens for 2 reasons in my opinion. 1. The noise/commotion that is made moves the shallow fish deeper. 2. With that many boats up there, a person can’t fish an area the way they want to because there just isn’t enough room to stay on that spot as you have to constantly jockey for position. As a result, you just drift “with the flow” of boats and don’t concentrate on the “spot on the spot”. How do you avoid this problem…..go further downstream or fish during the week when there is less boats. Good Luck.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.