what happens

• smokey420
    kendall,wi.

could anyone tell me what if fish from the river are put into a private pond, what species will live,reproduce,ect.i know largemouth and panfish do well more curious about all the others?

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

Nobody probably knows, because it is illegal to do so.

prieser
    Byron, MN

Quote:

Nobody probably knows, because it is illegal to do so.

Yep, pretty sure you better talk to your local DNR, could be a long year

honda75
    Iowa

Not sure where you are from but check your regulations first. The last i knew here we could take them from a pond to stock your OWN private pond. Not 100 percent on that but that is what i thought.

flatoutally
    MN

honda65 apparently you are correct:

From the Iowa DNR Fishing Regs:

Prohibited Stocking
    You cannot stock or introduce any live fish, except for hooked bait, into public waters without the permission of the director of the DNR. This does not apply to privately owned ponds and lakes.

Vol02
    Andover, IL

Here is a link to the WI DNR website concerning stocking a private pond. It is Legal. WI DNR Stocking

And channel cat usually do well transplanted, not sure what else.

smokey420
    kendall,wi.

well i’m glad to see that everyone is so concerned[not].i never said i was doing anything.i just asked a ? if you have no answer than don’t worry about it.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I know flathead cats are a very good fish to introduce into ponds. They can keep the number of gills down so you don’t end up with a million three inch sunnies.

Lenny

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.