Support Our Troops

• todd_miller
    Houlton, WI.

For the past couple of weeks now as I have crossed the bridge from Wisconsin going into Stillwater I have noticed that both sides of the road have been filled with anti-war protesters. Now I do not agree with thier meassage and have decided to man the road in support of our tropps and our president. If any fellow FTR/FTL’ers care to express this viewpoint feel free to join me Sunday March 8th. I will be at the bridge by 8:30 am. I have made several signs such as Liberate Iraq, Honk-Support our troops. It will be intersesting to see the response of not only the passers by but also the peaceniks when I have taken over “thier” spot.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Great Idea. Wish I was closer so I could join you. Even if you don’t agree with the politics, you have to support our troops. These men and women are doing what our country is asking them to do. My prayers are with each and evey one of them!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Hey all, I don’t want this to get all bent into a for or against thread but I’d like to drop a few words in support of the troops, our president, and our freedom.

First off, nobody likes war or desires war. Those assigned to duty do NOT want to be shot at or shoot anyone else. I’m quite positive that most would rather avoid the whole conflict if possible.

But what do we stand to lose by “minding our own business?” Everything. Today’s generations have no concept of the tyranny like that of our grandparents and parents who lived through WWII. Dictators and terrorist groups of similar value need to be extinguished just as the Axis powers were when Nazi Germany fell in it’s quest for world domination.

Few understand our very freedom is on the line. There’s a lot of finger pointing and blame but I’m telling you, oil is not THE reason we’re there. Even if it was, if you don’t want to support such causes, stop using the American lifestyle luxuries that support the use of that resource. Otherwise, it’s still done in an effort to preserve the things taken for granted and “inconsequential”.

We have powers greater than any other nation, capable of defending and attacking. We’ve been restricted to use these things for either purpose. A peaceful nation must defend itself because there is always something to be gained by it’s fall. Either the destruction of a society that is jealously hated or for the prosperity and riches of the land. Why aren’t we allowed to defend ourselves to the fullest extent? Check with the same politicians who support the anti-war effort…………they can explain it.

Sept. 11, 2001……………..we were ready to blow the snot out of “whoever it was that dared to attack us this way”…………..well guess who we’re dealing with??? There is a connection and Saddam hasn’t complied with UN regulation impositions since he got his hiney kicked last time. He was a threat to peaceful nations and societies then and he is again today. And who’s vulnerable? We are!

Just as the Nazi’s had to be choked, so must the leaders of this extremist mentality.

Ever watch a kid who’s told not to do something but doesn’t stop and all you hear is, “I’m not going to tell you again! I mean it this time! One more time and you’re going to be in BIG trouble! (Name shouted)! Now knock it off! I told you not to…………..and you did it anyway! Now you stop that or you’re going to get it!”
    ……………..Kid doesn’t stop…………”Alright, alright. Here! Take it! But don’t you ever put me through that again! Cuz next time, I’ll do something about it!”

See any similarity here? We were more than ready to drop nukes on anyone for 9/11’s attacks, but here we are, less than 2 years later, rallying to back out because “they won’t bug us. They can’t hurt us. They won’t do it again. Not after the way we chase Osama around!” WHO ARE WE FOOLIN’? We’re dealing with someone who’s not behaving well and if not stood up to and given direct consequences, we subject ourselves to being ruled by them. Next time they get a little miffed at us, BOOM! Another terrorist attack! That’s BULL and we all know it! This is linked to many things but first and foremost it is linked to our freedom.

I’d like to see all the anti-s subjected to their idea of freedom for a year and then see what they think about the homeland. We’ve allowed mediocrity and complacency to develop a shortage of true leaders and modern era heroes. We hale athletes and performers higher than those campaigning for cancer research. Convenience is comfortable so live and let live.

Freedom comes at a high price. It’s expensive to preserve it, but far more costly to lose it.

There’s a book out in our stores now called, “Let Freedom Ring” by Sean Hannity. Guys, gals, kids, and parents…………….don’t take my word for any of this. Invest in your country, in your freedom, in your knowledge base, and read this book. Then, join Todd on March 8th and support our troops!

Brian Lyons

Attached is a picture BFD took of little b and myself on 2/1/03.

Brian Lyons

Now here is a picture I took of little b on 2/28/03 as he departed his National Guard post for an undisclosed destination. We have been told to expect him gone a year. Some very good people are gonna miss some very good fishing while they put it all on the line to make our world safer……….B

Art

Glad to here the support for our troops.I’m past commander of our VFW club and still very active. Live outside a small town(Chatfield, Mn.) Last weekend we had the protester here. We stood across the street from them, we were open to the public,gave everybody a flag and had singns that said we support our troops. We said the pledge and left. We outnumbered them 3 to 1. Our club talked it over and the big thing is don’t do anything to draw attention to them. I personally feel if we could take everybody on a good fishing trip for a week we would have a perfect world.

bt-eye
    Apple Valley, Mn (Pool 2)

Big B….We can only be proud of him and thankful for helping to protect our country and freedom. My thoughts are with him and others like him.

richardsmith
    Owatonna Mn 55060

Litte B ! Thank you for protecting our country. Men like you have what it takes to make this country what it is today. Big B you have brave son !

USA The Home of the FREE and BRAVE !!!!

Good Luck !

Richard (Smitty)

Keep a tight Line !!!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Thank you to little B and all the others.

Way to go Todd. I think you have the right idea. Some times I would also like to see a little more support for our leaders also. Cant believe there are many restfull nights for them either. I am not one to sit and pick apart what they are doing because I and many others out there have know idea what the real truth is. So my position is to support our nations leader and his decisions and pray my good lord is helping.
    I will also support our troops in this to the end. The last thing they need to see is alot of protesters chanting at them as they go to do there job.

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

My father has just left for volk field… and it has been determined that he is headed for the persian gulf.. he is a vietman vet and has served his country whenever he has been called upon…. I don’t care what about any protesters I am proud of what he does, it is his birthday coming in two days…
    I am posting his e-mail address for anyone that would care to tell him good-luck and happy birthday [email protected]
    Maybe if he knows that poeple support him it would make him feel good about protecting our country and his birthday he didn;t get that kind of support in 1967 when he was 17 and in southeast asia…. . his name is sgt Bill Maves….

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Mike, I just sent your dad an email. As hard as it must be to see him leave, it must make you proud for what he does! Here’s wishing Bill and Little B. a safe return!!!!!!!!!

orca
    Red Wing, MN

As a disabled Vet and one who has lost good freinds serving our country in the Navy,The peacenicks to me are nothing but treasonous traiters and dont deserve to live in a country that has lost so many young men giving their life for the freedom of others,shame on them for they are truly ignorant souls. I would love to take my dear old friends Mike and John And Terry fishing on the river, but they gave their life for us so we could pursue our dreams. GO NAVY.

Don Hanson

I would like to thank everyone for their support. My son Jack is regular army stationed at Fort Gordon. Many of you know him as my tournament partner for WWA. and the LPO.
    Again thanks.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I’d like to place a challenge to all those out there in support of our troops to sacrifice some personal time and join Red Rock Eyes in his effort Saturday. We have young men putting their lives on the line for us, the least we can do is put some time on the line for them.

Where’s the assembly Red Rock?

todd_miller
    Houlton, WI.

Plan on meeting Sunday 8:30 am at the old Hooleys parking lot near the Stillwater bridge. It is now the Lumberbarons Hotel parking lot. Hope to see some guys and gals from the board there. Would be nice to put a face to the name and I think its the least we can do for the guys and gals who are defending our great nation.
    Todd

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Sorry about the confusion! Sunday, March 9th, 8:30am, old Hooley’s parking lot it is!

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Yell one for me!!!

hastingsoutdoors
    Hastings, MN

Thank you for supporting our troops!!!

Wish I could be there Sunday to help – but I have to open the store.
    This hits home for us since our nephew is over in Kuwait and our new son-in-law is in the Navy and could possibly be heading there soon…

Just received a letter from our nephew, Adam, he is over in Kuwait and it didn’t sound very positive. Adam tells us they are living under constant terrorist attacks, their water was poisoned and they are constantly ducking live fire. There have been terrorists storming camps in various places and he awoke in the middle of the night to live machine gun fire. Things are not nearly as pleasant and wonderful as the media is feeding us.

Adam and portions of the 3/5 will be leaving (or have already left) for the front lines, he states that we will not hear for him for possibly months. They will not return to Camp Coyote until another battalion is sent to relieve them and they could be there for a very long while.

If you go to the link that follows this letter you will get a news story about the 3/5 which is Adam’s Battalion: Life in Kuwait dessert

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all those involved directly and indirectly.

Kriss & Rand Donker

SteveCady

I saw this on another site and thought it to be very appropriate for this thread.

“DO NOT FORGET ”
    I sat in a movie theater watching “Schindler’s List,” asked myself, “why didn’t the Jews fight back?”

Now I know why.

I sat in a movie theater, watching “Pearl Harbor” and asked myself, “Why weren’t we prepared?”

Now I know why.

Civilized people cannot fathom, much less predict, the actions of evil people.

On September 11, dozens of capable airplane passengers allowed themselves to be overpowered by a handful of poorly armed terrorists because they did not comprehend the depth of hatred that motivated their captors.

On September 11, thousands of innocent people were murdered because too many Americans naively reject the reality that some nations are dedicated to the dominance of others. Many political pundits, pacifists and media personnel want us to forget the carnage. They say we must focus on the bravery of the rescuers and ignore the cowardice of the killers. They implore us to understand the motivation of the perpetrators. Major television stations have announced they will assist the healing process by not replaying devastating footage of the planes crashing into the Twin Towers.

I will not be manipulated.

I will not pretend to understand.

I will not forget.

I will not forget the liberal media who abused freedom of the press to kick our country when it was vulnerable and hurting.

I will not forget that CBS anchor Dan Rather preceded President Bush’s address to the nation with the snide remark, “No matter how you feel about him, he is still our president.”

I will not forget that ABC TV anchor Peter Jennings questioned President Bush’s motives for not returning immediately to Washington, DC and commented, “We’re all pretty skeptical and cynical about Washington.”

And I will not forget that ABC’s Mark Halperin warned if reporters weren’t informed of every little detail of this war, they aren’t “likely — nor should they be expected — to show deference.”

I will not isolate myself from my fellow Americans by pretending an attack on the USS Cole in Yemen was not an attack on the United States of America.

I will not forget the Clinton administration equipped Islamic terrorists and their supporters with the world’s most sophisticated telecommunications equipment and encryption technology, thereby compromising America’s ability to trace terrorist radio, cell phone, land lines, faxes and modem communications.

I will not be appeased with pointless, quick retaliatory strikes like those perfected by the previous administration.

I will not be comforted by “feel-good, do nothing” regulations like the silly “Have your bags been under your control?” question at the airport.

I will not be influenced by so called, “antiwar demonstrators” who exploit the right of _expression to chant anti-American obscenities.

I will not forget the moral victory handed the North Vietnamese by American war protesters who reviled and spat upon the returning Soldiers, Airmen, Sailors and Marines.

I will not be softened by the wishful thinking of pacifists who chose reassurance over reality.

I will embrace the wise words of Prime Minister Tony Blair who told Labor Party conference, “They have no moral inhibition on the slaughter of the innocent If they could have murdered not 7,000 but 70,000, does anyone doubt they would have done so and rejoiced in it?

There is no compromise possible with such people, no meeting of minds, no point of understanding with such terror. Just a choice: defeat it or be defeated by it. And defeat it we must!”

I will force myself to:

-hear the weeping
    -feel the helplessness
    -imagine the terror
    -sense the panic
    -smell the burning flesh
    – experience the loss
    – remember the hatred.

I sat in a movie theater, watching “Private Ryan” and asked myself, “Where did they find the courage?”

Now I know.

We have no choice. Living without liberty is not living.

— Ed Evans, MGySgt., USMC (Ret.)
    Not as lean, Not as mean, But still a Marine.

SteveCady

Todd,

I will join you. I have to head to the Minnesota Muskie Expo at 10:00 but will help for a few hours.

I’m also posting this on other sites.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Steve,

Thanks for posting such a wonderfully written expose’ of American integrity and grit. That man is a patriot and of a heartbeat we should strive to replicate and duplicate.

Glad to hear you’ll be joining the effort on Sunday! You too………..are a patriot!

todd_miller
    Houlton, WI.

Thanks Steve and everyone who will be there. I have heard from several friends and relatives who are planning on being there as well. Looks like we are getting closer and closer to a war overseas. May God be with our troops and our leaders in these difficult times.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Big B: You would appreciate this link, sent to me by my parents (retired Marine). The man in the picture is one of their friends.

Send our best to Little-B & God Bless.

— Gianni

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Supporting our troops and Country has never been as important at it is now. I’ve got two tours flying Helicopters in Vietnam, that was not too much fun, geting shot at everyday, get back to the houch at night, and get up the next day and do it again. It was necessary and that’s what we did, everyday. We didn’t get much support, mainly just from friends of ours that wished we weren’t there. Our Country, OUR support of it, and the TROOPS that ARE our military, in the past, AS IN THE PRESENT, have made this country what it is today.. A FREE COUNTRY. “Fourscore and seven years ago our forefathers set forth” to form a MORE PERFECT UNION. Let’s not forget our history, for it is great. and if we do not support our leaders and our military and if we do not stand up for our ourselves, there will be no future for us, or our children, or their children,or their children.
    Freedon is NOT free, ask a VETERAN. Jack….

revermann
    Rice, MN

I support our troops 100%. I see alot of protesters in Bloomington everyday when I go to work, and it gets me alittle angry but I guess they are able to voice their opinion, because thats what this great nation is about. I don’t Know if war is the right path, but if thats what it takes then so be it.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

EVERYONE! We had a great time out there in the sub-zero windchills finding out that the VAST majority of people are sick of protestors and are in favor of supporting our troops. People with stories, encouragement, thankfulness, warm beverages, and even food came along to put support into the effort.

Hats off to Red Rock Eyes for putting this thing together!

Everyone…………we NEED MORE PARTICIPANTS! If we’re the majority opinion, why are we the minority voice? We plan to do this more going forward so please, realize the fishing will be there anytime and give some time back in honor of the ones laying it on the line for us.

More to come!!

richardsmith
    Owatonna Mn 55060

Welcome back my friend ! Thanks for your part in making our home safe and sound ! As much as I loath to say it, It is time to pass the torch to the younger generation of Warriors
    and have them protect our country and what it stands for ! May there never be another soul lost over a war, but if there has to be GOD BLESS THERE SOULS, They stood up for what they thought is RIGHT and FAIR !

Richard (Smitty)
    V-VET 1968 thru 1970
    PROUD to be RED WHITE and BLUE !!!

todd_miller
    Houlton, WI.

Kid,
    Thanks for the support. It was a great time and a real eye opener. The majority of people out there feel the same way we do.We are planning on meeting at the same place Stillwater Bridge this Sunday March 15th at 8:00 if you or anyone you know can stop by and show support for our leaders and our troops you wont be disappointed at the amount of support thats out there more than once people would stop by and say “Thank You and God Bless” This experience has proven to me that the media is way off base on this issue and trying to make us think the counrty is thinking like them. I am here to tell you its BS. Please join us this Sunday in supporting our troops and our leaders in these difficult times. Ken I cant thank you enough for being there it was a pleasure to meet you.
    Todd

todd_miller
    Houlton, WI.

I have been making some calls and it looks like people are going to be coming out and supporting the troops. Should be a fun day as the weather will be nice. Its great to meet new people and talk a little fishing. Hope to see some of you out there.

todd_miller
    Houlton, WI.

Wanted to bring this back to the top. I have heard from the folks at liberate iraq sign.com and it looks like they will be there so you can stop by and pick up a yard sign and support our troops. It looks like this thing is growing slowly but surley. Looks like it will be nice on Sunday so it should be fun.
    Todd

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.