Ice fishing on the Main Channel?

• woolybugger1
    W Wisconsin

It seems that a few weeks ago there was a picture in the local paper showing the river froze tight to the Trempeleau lock and dam and people fishing on what was explained in the ajoining article to be a foot of ice. Said they were catching Walleys. Anyone know if this is still happing? I might take a drive down to check it out.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Last I heard it was froze shore to shore. The Dresbach Dam and the Lynxville Dam are froze across too. Both places are producing ‘eyes. You can catch fish in the evening @ dam #7 but for bigger fish I would recommend a morning outing. What I have heard from the Tremp. area is mostly small fish. Although that may be a fish story in itself. If you intend on going out from the MN side prepare for a walk. Good luck if you go.

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

The genoa lock and dam is froze over also and the eye bite is farly good with a little bit if an effort will produce a limit.

mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

The reports under Pool 9 Ice in the Walleye Forum are all on the channel.

bigpike

The report I recieved from Trempelau was excellent fishing on ice below the lock for walleyes saugers and gills. Plenty of ice to go around!! Easy limit

bear
    Trempealeau

The fishing at Trempealeau has slowed consistantly every day for the last 5 days I have been out. The fish have become very picky on what they want. Nothing as far as legal fish goes. It is tough. I have heard good reports from Dresbach. Using a Lindy Rig seemed to be the key as the fish are not active.

Troy Patterson

woolybugger1
    W Wisconsin

Drove down there yesterday, didn’t have the fishing stuff along. It did look like a contest out there. Can’t believe how close to the dam those guys are. Anyway, talked to a couple folks there who said they were catching a few. Not fast nor big. I guess I will probabally try tonight after work.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.