Can Otters read or is it the KnB

• woolybugger1
    W Wisconsin

Last night went to a new spot just off the Main Channel. Fishing in a small harbor in about 8 feet of water. No fish. My flasher goes nuts. It shows a school from bottom to top. Bubbles jump from the hole as if the water was actualy boiling. I was frantically jigging my Sweedish Pimple laced with KnB when suddenly a furry nose with big long wiskers poked his head into my tent did a 180 and back down he went. I guess the only picture that I could post would be one of my shorts after I got home. Do you suppose that he read the Otter Den lable on my tent? Perhaps I should have it removed. Or maybe he just wanted the rest of my bottle of Knb. I think that if I were to design an ice fishing tent, I would build either a side escape hatch or even an ejector seat like they have in fighter jets.

hawger
    Owatonna, MN

Fun… I would have liked to have been there!
    Hoggie

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

I would have paid good money to see the look on your face…..Who do you think was more frightened?…Tight lines and Good Health…….Tony

eyesforever
    IGH, MN

Wow! What a stitch. That must have been incredible. I have heard of that happening with muskrats in spear house’.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

We had a muskrat come up one hole, run across the shack, and go down another hole. Know what you mean about your shorts. Thats what’s great about fishin’, never know whats going to happen.

wkw

Best one I ever heard was about a guy in a darkhouse with his black lab. A northern appeared below, but before the guy could spear him, the lab dove in to catch the fish.
    When the dog didn’t return from under the ice the poor fellow thought he had lost his old friend and companion forever. All of a sudden he hears a terrible commotion from the darkhouse a few yards away. The black lab had come up in the wrong shack! They must have thought it was a bear or something! They bailed out of that house almost tearing the door off.
    Scared the dog-doo out of them!

ProV2
    Rochester,Mn

Many years ago my father-inlaw was fishing on a lake up in northern minnesota. There was a tar paper spear house close to were they were fishing. All sudden there was one hell of a commotion he looked up just in time see this guy come right thru the side of his tarpaper shack!—-Muskrat!!

kicknbass
    Glendale, Arizona

Your lucky that otter didn’t lash onto your pimple and start a fight with you. I think if you managed to pull him up into that hole all heck would have broke loose.
    Had a rattlesnake in my sleeping bag once… once was enough! Cos>

thumperw
    White Bear Lake, MN

LOL!!!

I’ll have to remember the KnB if I ever start trapping!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.