“Hoggie” wants a “Hummer”

• hawger
    Owatonna, MN

H2 OOOOO Oh, how I want one of these…. I am looking at a new vehicle to pull the big boat… Landing? What landing? We don’t need no stinking landing….

Anyone one been in one of these yet?

http://www.hummer.com/hummerjsp/index.jsp

http://www.hummer.com/hummerjsp/h2/index.jsp

I told the wife… I want a ‘Hummer”. Floored her…. she said “man are you dreaming”.

She said someday when you are rich and famous.

I do not want to wait. I want one now!

So, I says… whats a guy gotta do to get a Hummer round here anyway? I wonder if they have a program for Pros…? Surely they should have a program for EFN Staff… after all… H2O should be in a H2 right?

“Hoggie” needs a Hummer….Anyone know where a guy can get a Hummer… cheap? Used Hummers? That might work.

Hummer slogans… maybe I can come up with a winning slogan and they’ll give me a Hummer!

I need a Hummer.

I want a Hummer.

Show me the Hummer.

H2… Oh, I want a Hummer.

Hummer of a deal?

Come on Rivereyes… help me out here.

LeoKam
    Camp Lacupolis, MN

More Power to you , Dave.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

shhhhhhhhhhh Leo… I think he has went POWER mad!!
    now me… I want one of them tanks…
    hmmmm a bump? ooooops.. that WAS an 18 wheeler….. oh well…

woolybugger1
    W Wisconsin

1987 was my last year in the Army, Fort Hood TX. We just got Hummers and I had one assigned to me. They forced me to go camping in a Desert in California for a month. They made me drive one of these things all over day and night for a whole month. Up and Down steep mountainous terrain. Through valleys and over large rocks. Unlimited miles and fuel. I guess your right. You do want one. More than any other toy, you want one. It might even be worth joining the Army for.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Wally McCarthy sells them in Roseville. I drove one. The best feature I could find, is that you could actually put your boat INSIDE them rather than pull it!
    Tuck

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

For the price of a ”cheaper” Hummer [ $55,000 ] you could have a new Van and a new Boat. Now thats what I’d call a hummer of a deal!

hawger
    Owatonna, MN

I knew when I started this you would think me quite “mad” … Actually, I never thought of the “power” thing… but you are right! I want the POWER too !
    Anyway, my plan is… I am going to do all I can to get into one…. and soon.
    I got this back from Hummer all ready…due to this post.

General Motors has announced pricing for the HUMMER H2 and we believe you will be pleasantly surprised. The all-new HUMMER H2 will begin at $49,190 Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP), including destination charges. This will competitively price this vehicle among the other Full Size Luxury SUV’s in the market.

Two option packages will be offered with the H2. Priced at $2,575, the Luxury Series includes AM/FM radio with 6-disc CD changer, heated leather front seats, chrome appearance package, tubular assist steps, and custom carpet floor mats.

The Adventure Series, priced at $2,215, includes an air suspension package, brush guard, first aid kit, tool kit and portable lamp, 6-disc CD changer, roof rack crossbars, and custom carpet floor mats.

For a complete listing of all other additional options or specific details on financing, please visit our web site at http://www.hummer.com or contact your HUMMER dealership. While your at the dealership go ahead and schedule a test drive!

… think they are talking US dollars here?
    Ah… it is only MONEY, right? On a value basis, I am sure it will last and last. SUV’s are a full wrtte-off this year, right?
    They will not deter me with price quotes… I mean biz here… I want a Hummer and I want it now!!!!
    I have the guy going to call me… wonder if he knows the tow range weights.
    I have an 19 footer… ah, what me worry ?
    Suppose you could leave it in an access? That guys would leave it alone…that is it! “Hug a Hummer”… yea
    Hoggie wants a Hummer!
    Dave Hoggard

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Look out Hoggie! The guys in the ”white coats” are coming to get you! Huuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmer

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Getting a Hummer is easy….here a 2 options…

1) Go back to High School, become a basketball star and have your single mom buy one for you (happened in Ohio)

2) Dont run for re-election as Governor of MN

You are welcome.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Go for it Buddy Go for it !!

EFN and Hoggies Hummer !! sounds like a match

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Hawger,

Get the fim crew, come meet my buddy Chris Brady, we’ll put a big red bow on his BRAND NEW H2 HUMMER, show the reactions of the “gift”, and then in a deep smooth voice you simply hear, “Hmmmm………..nothing says it as well as a Hummer”. Then fade off to you doing house chores and other “to do” items, explaining why you deserved “a Hummer”. Of course, keep the vehicle in view and your ever present perma-grin too! Mow the grass towing a mower with your new H2!

Yeah, Chris walked in and demanded the model on the floor, wrote out the check, and now he’s got a “winter beater”! I wonder if he’ll have it in Toledo this weekend? I’ll have to see if we can break free from the meetings long enough to have a “look-see”. Then I’ll give you all the dirt on all the goodies.

…………..can’t wait until I can write a check for one of those babies!!!

hawger
    Owatonna, MN

Stop the press… I just talked to Mr. McCarthy at Wally McCarthy / Mpls http://www.cars.com/mccarthyauto/
    He said he just sold several to Gander Mountain…
    Now, if those guys up at Gander Mountain can have a Hummer, why can’t I have a Hummer?
    Ok, there is a waiting list I understand… but, I can not wait!

Tomorow, I am going to ask Steve Allen in sales at McCarthy’s (as he is off work today… out driving his Hummer, I bet) to drive one up to the “Otter Round-up” / 2nd Annual EFN/FTL Get Togeather next Saturday on South Center Lake…. so I can test drive it!
    Yep, “Hummer on ice… nice”!
    I gotta see that baby on the lake… but, you know with the bad ice, they most likely will not drive it on the ice.
    Wait a minute… who needs ice. We dont need no stinking ice !
    Hoggie wants a Hummer!
    Hummer-dinger
    Hummer it for me, baby!
    Hummer, Hummer on the range…
    Hummer a few bars, and I’ll get it!
    I am being silly… just Hummer me.
    “Hummer on ice… nice”!
    Who needs roads… We don’t need no stinking roads…Hummer!

Chine in here Rivereyes… lets sing it! Ready….?
    Old Mc Donald had a Hummer…
    Fun
    Hoggie

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

We were offering financing on RCL 202’s at the show for 180 easy monthly payments of $260……I am sure you could work a deal like that if you hummmm good enough!
    Tuck

bigpike

As long as you are considering that hummer you might want to consider purchasing a gas station too

mudlnthru
    Burnsville

If I had a Hummer….
    I’d Hummer in the morning.
    I’d Hummer in the evening.
    All over this laaaaand.
    (And I wouldn’t need a road to do it.)

Can I have my Hummer now?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

If you guys walked past me on the street right now, I wouldn’t admit to knowing either of you…lol

You both REALLY need to be at that ice outing this weekend. Catch two big crappies and call me Sunday morning.

mudlnthru
    Burnsville

Ummm…. Let’s see. I’m get to install an accounting system and fire up a printer…… or go out and try to fish on hard water. Uh, in this case, there’s a heater in the office. I’ll go there. Let me know if the ice guys get a hole big enough for a boat and I’ll be right down.

Mike

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I would also love to own one of these vehicles!

Really glad our troops have them. Nothing but the best for our guys getting ready to put it all on the line! The time to kick butt is near…..

Jon J.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

ode to a hummer…….

it tis a bummer
    that hawger has no hummer,
    perhaps he will have one by summer?
    just in time for the new dumb and dumber?
    I suppose this cold has just made me number,
    but to me his plight was no stunner……
    he just wants something thats funner,
    what could be more fun than a hummer?

I bet you wish I didnt have time to write that huh? I think maybe its time to get hummered…
    errrrrrr make that hammered…..
    yep, yep, yep…..

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Hey Hawger, I found this information on MoneyCenteral.msn.com. You can acutally wirte off about $38000 from the purchase of a Hummer. B.S. you say!!, read on.

It’s not just a Hummer, it’s a tax breakBy BRAD WONG SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER REPORTERJan. 17 – BELLEVUE — Standing next to his shiny Hummer H2, John Brightbill recounted a perk that a fellow owner noted about driving this immense sport utility vehicle.
    “He said some young women wanted to drive around the block with him,” said Brightbill, a real estate broker. “That hasn’t happened to me yet.”
    Real estate broker John Brightbill stands beside his Hummer H2. He is considering the tax write-off — “I’ve been using it partially for business.” Gilbert W. Arias / Seattle Post-IntelligencerClick for larger photo
    But some people have a more practical reason for laying down $50,000 to $60,000 to buy an H2: a federal tax deduction of nearly $38,000. “The government is sort of subsidizing people for buying these land yachts,” said Henry Pierman, a certified public accountant with Hauser & Associates in Bellevue. “It’s one of those odd things that happen. I would say maybe half of the CPAs are aware of this loophole.” In the mid-1980s, he said, Congress tightened rules about how much money can be written off on luxury automobiles used for business — but excluded vehicles with a gross weight of 6,000 pounds or more, partly an attempt to help farmers afford tractors, large trucks and other heavy equipment. But many SUVs, including the 6,400-pound H2, fall into that heavyweight category, and now a new class of small-business owners and the self-employed, such as construction company executives, doctors, real estate agents and lawyers, is qualifying for the deduction. The main requirement, said Pierman, is that people use their SUVs more than 50 percent of the time in their business. “The soccer mom isn’t going to get a write-off for buying one,” he said. The loophole has drawn critics, including Taxpayers for Common Sense, a non-profit group in Washington, D.C. “You have a litany of these 6,000-pound vehicles that were not originally intended to be deducted,” said Aileen Roder, the group’s program director. “The original goal was to help family farmers and small businesses who need these vehicles.” Her group estimates that the tax incentive’s application to SUVs cost the federal treasury $840 million to $987 million last year. It’s not known just how many buyers of H2s and similar SUVs would qualify for the tax break in Washington state. But Hummer dealers said that since its debut in July, the H2 has been rolling off their lots in droves and ending up at the homes of professional athletes, doctors and businesspeople. “For the right people, it’s a pretty hefty advantage,” said Darrel Landers of Dick Hannah Hummer in Vancouver, referring to the tax incentive. The state’s five dealers in Bellevue, Tacoma, Vancouver, Lynnwood and Spokane have sold more than 450 of the H2s. “It’s as hot as I’ve ever seen it, and I’ve been in the business for 40 years,” said Brent Barron, a general sales assistant for Osborne McCann Cadillac in Tacoma, which has sold 90 H2s. “I could sell 190 of them if I had them.” “It’s outselling any high-end sport utility vehicle,” said Bruce Huskinson, product manager for Hummer of Bellevue, which has sold 120. Several owners and dealers say the H2 is selling so well because it’s sporty, stable and more practical for daily use than the larger H1 model. That’s not to mention cheaper: The H1 sells for $110,000 to $120,000. The H2 can come with such high-end features as a built-in telephone and a global positioning satellite system. Dealers also point to its power and climbing ability. Then there’s the tax incentive. Word of the potential savings brought pauses and gasps from some owners. A few joked that they need to chat with their accountants. Brightbill, the 63-year-old Eastside realty agent, is considering the tax write-off, which he heard about after buying his H2. “I’ve been using it partially for business,” he said. Brad Sonne, 35, a construction company owner from Mukilteo, said he may qualify for the tax provision, although he bought his H2 for personal use. “It’s just one of the coolest things out there. I don’t know how to explain it,” he said. “I saw it in an ad in August, and when I saw it, I said, ‘That’s it.’ ” He sees nothing wrong with the tax incentive. “It’s a great deal for construction companies who are buying everyday vehicles for their crew, and where they may have put it off for another year,” he said. “A tax break is a tax break. I don’t see anyone complaining about it when it’s a tax break for families.” The tax deduction is a combination of rules written in the 1980s and business incentives passed after the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, 2001. Pierman, the Bellevue accountant, calculated the $38,000 deduction by taking an H2 costing $55,000 — and presuming the buyer falls into a 40 percent tax bracket. Many SUV buyers are in this category, he said. For 2002, a qualified buyer can take an immediate deduction of $24,000. After that deduction is taken, about $9,300 can be deducted through a bonus depreciation on capital expenses, part of post-Sept. 11 legislation. In addition, there’s the normal depreciation over five years that can be taken on vehicles used for business. The 20 percent deduction in the first year is taken on the amount left after the $24,000 deduction and the bonus depreciation. That, Pierman said, comes to $4,340. The total comes to $37,640 that can be deducted in the first year. That would reduce the buyer’s income tax by about $15,000, he said. Other vehicles besides the H2 that qualify for the tax break include the Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV and Chevrolet Suburban and Tahoe, and some pickup trucks and cargo vans, according to Pierman. He lamented the attention to the tax incentive. “I think it’s actually bad because Congress may close the loophole,” he said. “If they see something that the public sees as ‘too good of a thing.’ You know, subsidizing gas hogs.” There are also complaints about the H2’s fuel economy, about 10 miles per gallon. The Seattle-based Transportation Choices Coalition argues that SUVs contribute a high percentage of greenhouse gas emissions because of their high fuel consumption. “I think a lot of people aren’t aware of the impact on human life and the natural environment,” said Peter Hurley, executive director. “Our solution is to design them safer and more efficiently.” Bellevue resident Karen Santa, 46, is aware of that sentiment. Since she switched from driving a Mercedes-Benz and bought her H2 in December, activists have left a note and a bumper sticker on the vehicle. The sticker read: “With every tank full of gas, we’re killing Americans.” The note read: “And the reason you bought this gas guzzler . . .” Still, Santa is pleased with the vehicle’s handling, appearance and her global positioning satellite system. She’s already taken her H2 off road in the snow and has used it to pull her son in a sled on Crystal Mountain. “It’s a fabulous vehicle. You just push a button and say call home and it calls home,” she said of the telephone feature.

pool2fool

there once was a feller loved fishin, who said there is somethin I’m missin! if I just had a brand new hummer, than my life would’nt be such a bummer, and his wife said hon just you keep on wishin. burma shave now I’ll work on the haiku. good fishing, kenn

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

Hoggie…..we want NO MORE excuses…go get the doggone thing…

hawger
    Owatonna, MN

Wow… I read the whole thing… twice.

Ok… so…. I’ll get one and donate it to ARM then.

But can I be the ARM designated driver?

Yep…. still I want a Hummer.

And to top this off…. today, I am looking out my window at my GMC van that will not start… too cold… hood is up & charger is on the battery… I put in the red bottle of “heat” last night and drove it home from the wife’s studio… now it will not start up today…. hey I am not thrilled.

Just glad I have not had two cups of coffee yet! Hummers start in the cold, do they not?

So, here I go… back working on getting my new Hummer with the best Hummer slogan in the world!

“Show me your Hummer”

“Hummer rides… $500.00”

“Gas, gas, or gas… no one rides for free!”

“Humm…er this”

“Hummer – not just a ride!”

“Mo Hummer, Mo Hummer, Mo Hummer”

“My Hummer… even Santa is jealous.”

“My wife gave me a Hummer… I’ll thank her when I get back…!”

“I Hummer in my sleep”

Say…

I bet Dave Letterman can get me a Hummer…

Ten best reasons to have a Hummer:

1. I have no driveway

2. No roads where I am going

3. The Hummer in yellow color matches the bug brains on the windshield

4. I can pick up real big chicks

5. I like saying “NOT” to the IRS

6. I like calling for a “convoy” on my CB

7. My gal an I are into the Military thing…

8. I hate curbs

9. I like sitting taller than the gas pump

10. Pedestrians don’t have a chance

I want a Hummer!

Hoggie

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

Hoggie, the new Hummer I sat next to at the stoplight a few days ago was a DIESEL!!! Are they all that way? and if so….better change that tune to diesel..diesel..diesel

hawger
    Owatonna, MN

They are diesel????
    2 Cool
    You know what that means?
    TRUCK STOPS instead of gas stations…
    Now that you mention it, it seems I have heard something about Hummers being at truck stops.
    That is great !
    I got a call from Steve Allen (“Mr Hummer” at Wally McCarthy’s) and he said I could test drive one on Saturday on my way up to the “Otter Round-up”. He said he was going to have a skeleton crew on Saturday and could not spare a person to drive one up to the EFN/FTL Get Togeather/Otter Round-up.
    “Hard to get a Hummer there with a such short staff”, he says.
    “I bet”, I said, “but I can stop up on my way by and drive one .
    I’ll try and get a EFN Media guy there so I can get a photo or two on the test drive.
    Any of you Media guys think you can handle a Hummer Sat. mornin ?
    “Hummerin down the hiway”
    “Hummer down”
    “Hummertime – Can’t stop this!”
    Hoggie
    Dave Hoggard

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

The original Hummers have a 6.2 litre diesel I believe. It was basically the same one Chevy used before the Duramax. I think the H2s have a gas Vortec motor.

By the way Dave, has the misses seen this thread?

Chitwood46
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Hoggie, use the links you posted to price the H1 and the H2. You can get two H2’s for price of one H1! I would use the H1 to justify to the honey you would settle for the H2. Happy happy hummering.

hawger
    Owatonna, MN

For sure… I am very good at the old “bait and switch”!

To Hummer or not H 2 Hummer… that is the question

Hummer = joy ride

Another way to spell Hummer…. W O W

What to do if you see a Hummer… pull over and make a wish.

Hummer or light-saber… Hummer!

May the Hummer be with you.

So… when Dave Letterman calls and I get my Hummer on TV…. should I drive it straight home, or swing by South America first?

I am going to check one of these out Sat. morning at Wally McCarthy’s and see if it’ll make a good boat tow vehicle .

“Hard to beat a Hummer”

That should do it…. did I hear a bell ring!

Hoggie

Dave Hoggard

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

So lets just say you got one would you change your handle to what??? H.H.H.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.